Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robyn selling again? Form 4 came out last night.

This was according to her planned sales, from October 23, 2023, directly from the Form 4:

"1. The transactions reported on this Form 4 were automatically effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan previously adopted on October 23, 2023 and established by the reporting person for the purpose of an orderly liquidation of options scheduled to expire in 2024."

Yes, and it's a rehash story at that. They are annoying AF. It even says in the article "we reported this criminal charge Oct 2022".
Every time I see a Reuters story I think of the famous Jim Cramer video and how hedgies and others attempt to manipulate media outlets and other sources to affect stock prices. Somebody should investigate Reuters with their anonymous sources and undue influence.

I have been on this thread for a while and have read every post for years. I posted here for a while until the mods complained about the number of posts and said not to post unless there was new information to share. I stopped posting so I would not add to the growing number of posts. I thought I was doing my part to be helpful and compliant.

I learned so much from some of the excellent participants on this forum that have come and gone. This used to be the place to go to get facts about Tesla and TSLA. I truly enjoyed spending hours each day reading every post and contemplating long term investor strategy. I made it a point to leave feedback as my way of participating.

I am sad to say that I will no longer be reading this thread. It has turned into a safe haven for traders, shorts, and trolls. Mod policies support this. It is no longer worth the time to wade through post after post of negativity and complaints about Elon. The same nonsensical posts over and over again by the same traders, shorts, and trolls. It’s too bad because I miss the thread this used to be. I will also no longer financially support TMC.

Wish all of the friends I have made here the very best. Let me know if this thread ever becomes useful again.
It’s also true that for many the thread had been an unwelcoming place for years and many who COULD have contributed took one look and scrammed. This was sometimes marveled at on other TMC threads more tightly focussed on specific Tesla topics, like I dunno, something technical with Model Ys, battery stuff, whatever. People just shaking their heads and describing an atmosphere like walking into McDonalds and seeing the only available table was beside four Old Regular codgers saying the same pissy stuff to each other they do every morning.

If someone uses the disapproval thumbs down as a primary means of expression, and they trade daily in conspiracy theories and endless talk of FUD and shorts and being quick on the draw with labelling “trolls” it’s hard to see how they are making the discourse worth diving into.
Think about the MODs and how much of that they have had to deal with not just every day but often every hour, and what that would do to you to have to marinate in it like that.

Every time I see a Reuters story I think of the famous Jim Cramer video and how hedgies and others attempt to manipulate media outlets and other sources to affect stock prices. Somebody should investigate Reuters with their anonymous sources and undue influence.
And strangely Cramer was vocally defending Tesla against the Reuters story on CNBC just now. 🤔

All the Reuters article says is that they're looking for fraud (which we already knew) and that they haven't found any. I think the market will figure this one out pretty quick.
Yeah it was a "nothing to report from a story from 2022 because Tesla gave them a bunch of documents to sniff through". They should be investigated for insider trading.

It’s also true that for many the thread had been an unwelcoming place for years and many who COULD have contributed took one look and scrammed. This was sometimes marveled at on other TMC threads more tightly focussed on specific Tesla topics, like I dunno, something technical with Model Ys, battery stuff, whatever. People just shaking their heads and describing an atmosphere like walking into McDonalds and seeing the only available table was beside four Old Regular codgers saying the same pissy stuff to each other they do every morning.

If someone uses the disapproval thumbs down as a primary means of expression, and they trade daily in conspiracy theories and endless talk of FUD and shorts and being quick on the draw with labelling “trolls” it’s hard to see how they are making the discourse worth diving into.
Think about the MODs and how much of that they have had to deal with not just every day but often every hour, and what that would do to you to have to marinate in it like that.

Never seen anyone say that before, got any examples?

What I have seen recently is lots of really good contributors leaving the thread due to the incessant negative FUD being posted then users trying to argue against it when it's clear the person is just posting any old negative story with no checking. Used to be dealt with better, wondering if there has been a change in the people doing the moderation or someone has an agenda, no idea just very strange.

If you think there are no Trolls on here then I've got a bridge to sell ya!

All the Reuters article says is that they're looking for fraud (which we already knew) and that they haven't found any. I think the market will figure this one out pretty quick.
1715174481754.png

I will go with "NO ACTION" on this one.

From Reuters 2022 article:
'As part of the latest probe, Justice Department prosecutors in Washington and San Francisco are examining whether Tesla misled consumers, investors and regulators by making unsupported claims about its driver assistance technology's capabilities, the sources said.'

So they were looking for fraud. Now Reuters has given us an update on the situation - what they're looking for is fraud.

TSLA down 3.5% on the news.

And strangely Cramer was vocally defending Tesla against the Reuters story on CNBC just now. 🤔

That isn't so strange, as his video demonstrated his intimate familiarity with these mechanisms employed by the manipulators.

Cramer has expertise gathered from years in the trenches that can be applied in identifying this very behavior. Despite him being a bit of a goofball at times.

The very fact that he released that video indicated to me how he feels those tactics are detrimental to the market, and to society as a whole.

Profit-mongers destroy useful companies just because they cannot envision how their short-term greed negatively affects how long-term benefits are brought to the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spacep0d
Never seen anyone say that before, got any examples?

What I have seen recently is lots of really good contributors leaving the thread due to the incessant negative FUD being posted then users trying to argue against it when it's clear the person is just posting any old negative story with no checking. Used to be dealt with better, wondering if there has been a change in the people doing the moderation or someone has an agenda, no idea just very strange.

If you think there are no Trolls on here then I've got a bridge to sell ya!
I didn’t say there weren’t trolls, just that people are quick to label. Fair enough on some of the reposts being not particularly useful. That is partly due to the BS nature of the second-tier media and major influencers hyping tiny little balls of nothing to get eyeballs or because they need content, any content, on a slow day. And no, I’m not going back through a few thousand pages of other threads to pick out the four or five I’ve seen. But it is a real sentiment and frankly understandable.

I didn’t say there weren’t trolls, just that people are quick to label. Fair enough on some of the reposts being not particularly useful. That is partly due to the BS nature of the second-tier media and major influencers hyping tiny little balls of nothing to get eyeballs or because they need content, any content, on a slow day.

Yes I think you are correct not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, by labelling anyone who post anything that's not Uber Bullish as a troll. I have been guilty of that to some extent but will be more attentive going forward.