Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla unwilling to advise maximum battery % on CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. but do a poll here in the TMC. I'd wager less than 5% of owners experience what you're experiencing. I once had a Mercedes Benz that had 2 failed automatic transmissions within 5 years. Does that mean Mercedes has a systematic conspiracy where they make cars with faulty transmissions?

Calling someone a fanboy because they dont buy into the line that Tesla sucks is just further proof someone doesn't know how to have a constructive discussion and shows the maturity level of some people here. Most of the people on the TMC that have thrown personal attacks at me don't even own Teslas, ironically.
I was not attacking you.

My participation in this thread was merely a suggestion that, when it comes to Tesla, there’s a lot of behind the scene aka NDA which is not publicly known.

I am too old to try to attack anyone.

Just a friendly debate, as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: P85_DA
Thanks mate.
I doubt that they are willing to go this far.
What about if a photo of the dashboard is taken - will it show the charge percentage & estimated range in the same photo?
I was thinking of getting them to do this & compare it to what a brand new one would get

The dashboard will tell you very little, at best you can approximate range over how much the battery icon is filled, but you would have to know range, know it it's ideal, or rated and charge percentage and since both aren't shown at the same time on the dashboard and you'd have to guess if it's ideal, or rated, it would be less work for them to just send you a picture of the diagnostic screen.

The dashboard will tell you very little, at best you can approximate range over how much the battery icon is filled, but you would have to know range, know it it's ideal, or rated and charge percentage and since both aren't shown at the same time on the dashboard and you'd have to guess if it's ideal, or rated, it would be less work for them to just send you a picture of the diagnostic screen.
It’s an 85D - they came back with dashboard photos that show 517km (321mi) range at full charge.
Average 162Wh/km (261Wh/mi) past 50km (31mi) - this seems welll above average
This extrapolates to 83.75kw - a loss of 1.5%
NEDC range when new was 528km (328mi)
You’re saying this is unreliable?

Last edited:
They came back with dashboard photos that show 517km (321mi) range at full charge.
Average 162Wh/km (261Wh/mi) past 50km (31mi) - this seems welll above average
NEDC range when new was 528km (328mi)
You’re saying this is unreliable?

Ok on full charge that would work. Apparently you Australians seem to have NEDC cars, too. So this is rated range, how it's called in European (and probably Australian) cars and it's not based on driving style, but rather a fixed wh/mile and the batteries capacity.

At 100% charge, when new, it should be NEDC range. This isn't 100% accurate, since I think Tesla has some extra buffer, but that's gone within the first months anyway. You car has apparently lost about 4%, compared to an almost new one, which is ok.

So while this isn't super accurate, IMO that cars capacity loss seems fine. If that was the only thing holding you back from buying, then I'd congratulate you to joining the Model S club ;)

Ok on full charge that would work. Apparently you Australians seem to have NEDC cars, too. So this is rated range, how it's called in European (and probably Australian) cars and it's not based on driving style, but rather a fixed wh/mile and the batteries capacity.

At 100% charge, when new, it should be NEDC range. This isn't 100% accurate, since I think Tesla has some extra buffer, but that's gone within the first months anyway. You car has apparently lost about 4%, compared to an almost new one, which is ok.

So while this isn't super accurate, IMO that cars capacity loss seems fine. If that was the only thing holding you back from buying, then I'd congratulate you to joining the Model S club ;)
I updated my previous post - extrapolating the wh/km works out to 83.75kw of battery which is only 1.5% loss

tpham07 said:
in the history of tesla vehicles has anyone here had 20% degradation? nope.

spare me.

Everything i posted is backed up by third party sources. Just because one guy had 23% degradation doesn't mean its a common occurrence. Every statistical analysis will always have outliers outside the median.

you can't have it both ways, you say "in the history of tesla vehicles has anyone" then complain when someone says it has. Don't say it never happens if you mean it only rarely happens and people won't call you on it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy