Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Virtual Power Plant in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. We work from home so our consumption is pretty much that same pattern all week.
Yes but if you have the time based controls and TOU-B rate plan set, you should not be using from your powerwall at all on Sat or Sunday.
The VPP baseline looks at your Powerwall usage (not home loads) and compares against the event output.

Since my PWs are on standby (other than charging) normally on weekends, I hope my baseline for today is zero.

From the above article "Many Tesla Powerwall owners participating in the event are reporting being credited between $30 and $40 for the short event."

Has anybody actually received credit for these events?, very curious to know how much VPP is actually paying out.
I am trying to figure out where we would see the credit? I have participated in two events so far, but no info on what I am credited. But hey, I am doing this to save the world. 😀

Yes but if you have the time based controls and TOU-B rate plan set, you should not be using from your powerwall at all on Sat or Sunday.
The VPP baseline looks at your Powerwall usage (not home loads) and compares against the event output.

Since my PWs are on standby (other than charging) normally on weekends, I hope my baseline for today is zero.
I am not understanding the comment "you should not be using from your powerwall at all on Sat or Sunday". We usually draw power from the Powerwalls every day of the week to power the home and refill them every day with solar production. We usually have no draw from the grid until mid-fall.

I am not understanding the comment "you should not be using from your powerwall at all on Sat or Sunday". We usually draw power from the Powerwalls every day of the week to power the home and refill them every day with solar production. We usually have no draw from the grid until mid-fall.
Are you on self-powered mode?
If you are your behavior will be different than mine.

Is there anything better than Ev2A if you have solar and a powerwall and are net exporting?

Last edited: