Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Warranty Repair Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a joke, right? My lived experience with Tesla makes me a spreader of fear? You're way down the fanboy hole if my observation that my Leaf is quieter frightens you, or if that treatment by an SA frightens you.

Seriously, quote my FUD from this thread, I dare you.
When Consumer Reports does a survey and finds that Tesla is the highest rated car for customer satisfaction it is based on a large number of responses and has scientific validity.
When you have the "impression" that the car is noisy and extrapolate that to all Teslas are noisy due to poor quality panels, it is FUD.

Reactions: CarlK
Did you read it? It says it does not cover normal noises.

Did you read it? It says normal noises include general knocks, creaks, rattles and wind and road vibration for which there are no malfunctioning parts. So random squeaks and rattles that aren't traced to something malfunctioning (like a wheel bearing) are all going to be "normal".

Whenever Tesla has repaired rattles in my car, they are always coded "Goodwill" and NOT warranty repair.

Fixing rattles in a car is completely normal for any auto manufacturer in 2019.

Thats just not true, granted i have never purchased cars at the top end of the scale but neither Nissan or Fiat will entertain any noise fixes under warranty after a certain period of time so i wouldn't expect Tesla or anyone else to be any different. Obviously if you hear a bang everytime you turn a corner, I'd want them to investigate but a rattle after a few years... Not so much...

My 2008 BMW M5 is so much quieter than my 2015 model s, it’s crazy.
At 100 mph the M5 is still quieter than the model s at 50 mph. The bmw has no rattles and no squeaks. Just a solid feeling car.

I’ve learned to accept it, I’m hoping the next model s we buy is going to be better. Otherwise it’s going to be difficult not trading it in and leaving the tesla family.

Reactions: glide
Did you read it? It says normal noises include general knocks, creaks, rattles and wind and road vibration for which there are no malfunctioning parts. So random squeaks and rattles that aren't traced to something malfunctioning (like a wheel bearing) are all going to be "normal".

Whenever Tesla has repaired rattles in my car, they are always coded "Goodwill" and NOT warranty repair.

That is not what it says. Try again.

If there is wind noise it could be the result of a damaged seal. That’s a warranty issue.

If there is a rattle, it could be the result of a broken clip. That is a warranty issue.

I think you would be hard pressed to find the source of a noise or rattle that cannot be traced to an improperly installed/broken part. Just depends how much digging they want to do.

• Funny
Reactions: Az_Rael
My 2008 BMW M5 is so much quieter than my 2015 model s, it’s crazy.
At 100 mph the M5 is still quieter than the model s at 50 mph. The bmw has no rattles and no squeaks. Just a solid feeling car.

I’ve learned to accept it, I’m hoping the next model s we buy is going to be better. Otherwise it’s going to be difficult not trading it in and leaving the tesla family.

I have the exact same experience coming from a BMW 5-series . I’m at the point where I am going to attempt some sound deadening on my own. If that doesn’t work I’m trading it in.

My biggest concern is the lack of dual pane windows. Nothing I can do about that.

Reactions: AMPd
It looks like the "dual pane windows" on BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Ford, etc. are two layers of glass sandwiched with a sound/light absorbing middle layer. No air gap. Some users have complained about air bubbles in the middle layer.

Either way they make for a very, very, very quiet ride.

Something the Tesla glass is not helping.

Ooooooh, that was the situation with my Jetta's rearview mirror. Huh. I always wondered what was up with that oil leaking out, I mean I know it stopped functioning as an automatic dimmer, but the oil was between the front glass & reflective surface. hmmmmm. Sorry, back to topic. What was it again? Something something Tesla warranty something something...….