Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Warranty Versions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree as well. I won't support/service instruments we sell if customers won't install latest software.
I also suspect the wording around 3rd party software isn't so much if you get hacked. But 3rd party software could, for example, keep your car from sleeping 24/7 and drastically shorten the life of the 12V. Why should Tesla be responsible for that?

I wonder if they could baulk at my Model X CANBus to OBDII adapter that I keep plugged in, but I only plug Bluetooth Adapter in as needed.

As inconvenient as it may be, I would recommend unplugging the adapter cable anytime you take the car in for service or have a mobile technician service the car. It is not difficult to plug and unplug the adapter cable and it does not take much time to do so. Best not to give Tesla even the slightest reason to raise the issue.

As inconvenient as it may be, I would recommend unplugging the adapter cable anytime you take the car in for service or have a mobile technician service the car. It is not difficult to plug and unplug the adapter cable and it does not take much time to do so. Best not to give Tesla even the slightest reason to raise the issue.

I was thinking that too. Taking that tray out is a pain though.

Awesome thread! I know it's an old one but I wanted to thank the people here for raising the issue. I would have never noticed this! I bought my Model 3 on March 1, 2019 (right have the 6k price drop on the mid-range model :) so thanks for the copy to the February 1, 2019 warranty page. I'm a little bummed, because they already added the milages restriction to the battery and the body rust provision.

Old thread revival bump here.

Paging @MSVroomVroom

Wanted to see if anyone had copies of the pre-owned vehicle warranty from mid-late 2019.

I could have sworn when we bought our pre-owned Model S from Tesla that it was a three year warranty, but of course we never received copies of the warranty, I never checked back up with it at the time, and now the website says it's two years/100,000 miles from date of purchase.

Anyone have links or a copy of their pre-owned warranty floating around from mid-late 2019?

Thanks!

Old thread revival bump here.

Paging @MSVroomVroom

Wanted to see if anyone had copies of the pre-owned vehicle warranty from mid-late 2019.

I could have sworn when we bought our pre-owned Model S from Tesla that it was a three year warranty, but of course we never received copies of the warranty, I never checked back up with it at the time, and now the website says it's two years/100,000 miles from date of purchase.

Anyone have links or a copy of their pre-owned warranty floating around from mid-late 2019?

Thanks!
There was a 4 year and a 2 year option, depending on the age and mileage of the car when sold, but never a 3 year. This Electrek article does a good job explaining the options:

Wayback machine has 4 captures of the pre-owned warranty doc between 2017 and 2021:

• Informative
Reactions: whitex