Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Whistleblower releases VINs with alleged punctured battery cells - Who's got a 3 on the list?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh, I'd just want to know what the production log entries were for my vehicle. If they were the same thing as presented in Tripp's example - a cell disconnected as a precaution - I'd say... "Hmm, you gave me 4415 cells rather than 4416... I think you owe me $2.50 for the missing cell!" ;)

If on the other hand the production logs showed nothing at all unusual with the battery pack, or something meaningless (such as a dent in the clamshell or whatnot) I'd start a Go Fund Me for a class action lawsuit against Tripp for people who own vehicles with those VINs, for lowering our cars' resale values.

Reactions: neroden and JeffK
"Showing the pack" is easier said than done. Martin deliberately picked something that would be difficult for Tesla to disprove in his FUD.

I'm waiting for Martin to get sued for lowering peoples' resale values.

He'd have to have two nickels to rub together to make it worth people's time and money to try suing him. Tesla is first in line anyways and if he's proven to be full of crap they are going to wipe him out financially.

He'd have to have two nickels to rub together to make it worth people's time and money to try suing him. Tesla is first in line anyways and if he's proven to be full of crap they are going to wipe him out financially.

He's been raising money from shorts to use for his lawsuits. I'd be thrilled to take that money off his hands for what he's done - even if it all went to laywers. Just on principle.

_trippedover9_zpsapwbxifz.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
I did ... in this thread already! Just to update everyone on this ... Tesla's executive escalation team got back to me with unsurprisingly the exact same quote they gave electreck.co ...

“As we’ve said before, these claims are false and Mr. Tripp does not even have personal knowledge about the safety claims that he is making. No punctured cells have ever been used in any Model 3 vehicles in any way, and all VINs that have been identified have safe batteries. Notably, there have been zero battery safety issues in any Model 3."

I'm actually ok with this response since there is nothing wrong with my car, and there is an ongoing lawsuit which Tesla is already pursuing which will prove this whole claim is just FUD which is now being backed by the shorts!

I did ... in this thread already! Just to update everyone on this ... Tesla's executive escalation team got back to me with unsurprisingly the exact same quote they gave electreck.co ...

“As we’ve said before, these claims are false and Mr. Tripp does not even have personal knowledge about the safety claims that he is making. No punctured cells have ever been used in any Model 3 vehicles in any way, and all VINs that have been identified have safe batteries. Notably, there have been zero battery safety issues in any Model 3."

I'm actually ok with this response since there is nothing wrong with my car, and there is an ongoing lawsuit which Tesla is already pursuing which will prove this whole claim is just FUD which is now being backed by the shorts!

Only way to be sure is to set your car on fire and then see what happens. :D

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: shawn_ and Dragon