Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla won't remove FSD from used vehicles for sale, right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using "Tesla's Chat" isn't necessary getting you the correct answer. A month or 2 ago, I started with the "Chat" and was told "yes"; and will be in touch by a SA. After speaking to multiple SAs thereafter, the consistent answer is "no"

Ya, I’m not even sure Tesla chat is staffed with Tesla employees.... I’ve always got the “an advisor will be in touch” past any question that needs more of an answer than providing a phone number or link to the web site.

• Helpful
Reactions: byeLT4
Using "Tesla's Chat" isn't necessary getting you the correct answer. A month or 2 ago, I started with the "Chat" and was told "yes"; and will be in touch by a SA. After speaking to multiple SAs thereafter, the consistent answer is "no"

Well I am glad the chat person pointed me in the right direction, just giving what info I currently had.

Silly question. But if you don't want FSD, shouldn't you be only looking at cars without it?

As people above have said, even if Tesla did this, they'd be discounting by a whole lot less than $7K, and I'd guess you were expecting the full $7K to be discounted. :)

Silly question. But if you don't want FSD, shouldn't you be only looking at cars without it?

As people above have said, even if Tesla did this, they'd be discounting by a whole lot less than $7K, and I'd guess you were expecting the full $7K to be discounted. :)
Oddly enough, the cars with bAP tend to have higher “base” price so it’s like the inclusion of FSD is a “discount” in and of itself.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Oddly enough, the cars with bAP tend to have higher “base” price so it’s like the inclusion of FSD is a “discount” in and of itself.

I’ve seen a handful of cars with amazing prices (like AWD versions with less than 20k miles) for under $40k if the full FSD price came off and right around $40k if FSD was only valued at 50%. They each represented a savings of like $6k or more off MSRP since they had paint upgrades and stuff.

They don’t show up often but every now and then a real nice one comes up.

Ya, I’m not even sure Tesla chat is staffed with Tesla employees.... I’ve always got the “an advisor will be in touch” past any question that needs more of an answer than providing a phone number or link to the web site.
Chat has reset a stuck firmware download and confirmed my car was eligible for HW3 upgrade, so they do have some power.

I’ve seen a handful of cars with amazing prices (like AWD versions with less than 20k miles) for under $40k if the full FSD price came off and right around $40k if FSD was only valued at 50%. They each represented a savings of like $6k or more off MSRP since they had paint upgrades and stuff.

They don’t show up often but every now and then a real nice one comes up.

What is your methodology for finding these cars, out of curiosity? I've tried to set up some different filters but not sure I'm catching them all.

What is your methodology for finding these cars, out of curiosity? I've tried to set up some different filters but not sure I'm catching them all.
I just used to check ev-cpo.com every day, usually right around 4pm pacific time since that seemed to be when Tesla posted new cars. I haven’t checked in awhile and deals were rare to begin with. But occasionally I would see some great deal in the mid to low $40s with FSD included for a LR RWD and then even some AWDs. For whatever reason they would show up in a wave for a few days and then it would be weeks before more did... possibly inventory vehicles or something, who knows.

Now they all seem to have higher mileage (which is expected 6 to 8 months later) but still some decent deals. I see a black LR AWD with ~18k miles and FSD did the price of a new one without FSD. So basically 18k miles gets you free self driving (“worth” $7k).

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I just used to check ev-cpo.com every day, usually right around 4pm pacific time since that seemed to be when Tesla posted new cars. I haven’t checked in awhile and deals were rare to begin with. But occasionally I would see some great deal in the mid to low $40s with FSD included for a LR RWD and then even some AWDs. For whatever reason they would show up in a wave for a few days and then it would be weeks before more did... possibly inventory vehicles or something, who knows.

Now they all seem to have higher mileage (which is expected 6 to 8 months later) but still some decent deals. I see a black LR AWD with ~18k miles and FSD did the price of a new one without FSD. So basically 18k miles gets you free self driving (“worth” $7k).
Still a baby at 18K, Barely potty trained.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110