Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y rattles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from original post. Finally got to the service center due to covid and had them look at it. They said they tightened some stuff, but on inspection only saw some dirty finger prints on the trim. Still have the problem. May try going back in the future.

I’ve had noises in the back since receiving the car. No real improvement after 4 service visits. I think these are fixable problems, but requires perseverance and expertise, which I think is not typical in their service dept. They seem rushed wanting to get the car out the door. Regardless, it’s a little less loud now, especially if I drop the back seats.

What I have done in my previous cars which rattled, no problems on my Y yet, but will do the same if it starts up.

Take all the panels off and double-sided sticky tape foam pads which when the panel is back attached creates a solid fitment which prevents all rattles and noises while also doubling up as some noise isolation if you get the correct acoustic foam.

worked for me for over 15 years in all my cars.

What I have done in my previous cars which rattled, no problems on my Y yet, but will do the same if it starts up.

Take all the panels off and double-sided sticky tape foam pads which when the panel is back attached creates a solid fitment which prevents all rattles and noises while also doubling up as some noise isolation if you get the correct acoustic foam.

worked for me for over 15 years in all my cars.
Thanks.. interesting idea.

Any quick fixes for these rattles? One is a clicking noise that occurs when riding on some uneven roads. Other is a plastic noise that occurs at very low speed.
I had the exact same little rattle from the gemini wheel covers. I took them off on the drivers side and test drove. rattle gone. then switched the front and rear covers, not sound on my initial test, lets hope it is fixed.

Anyone have a rattle coming from the Dashboard right in front of the driver? If no music/audio is playing I can hear it easily. If any audio it playing I have to listen hard but can still make it out. Would Tesla service look at this if I submit a service ticket?
I just got my Y and first drive home I could hear it and it bothered me. More audible at low speeds

Im not saying all cars are perfect, as Teslas do not have engine noise drowning out small imperfection sounds I wonder if we would hear them at all with engine noise? Im a new owner and this is my first EV car and I have to admit my brain is use to engine drowning out other noises and now its so quiet and I hear everything. LOL