Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam/Sentry Reviewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried the third party apps to review Sentry mode video? I have only had my M3 for 2 weeks and I don't speak the Tesla language yet. Please keep your answers as simple as possible lol.
Is this an App where you don't need a USB drive and it somehow connects directly to the car's USB system?

I'm scared to download any third party apps without knowing if they're legit.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Sentry View is also good since often you want to do it in your car and you can do it with the USBs it uses, the wifi or lightning ones. Look for SentryView on the iOS App Store. Not sure if there’s an Android version or not, only familiar with the iOS one.

Has anyone tried the third party apps to review Sentry mode video? I have only had my M3 for 2 weeks and I don't speak the Tesla language yet. Please keep your answers as simple as possible lol.
Is this an App where you don't need a USB drive and it somehow connects directly to the car's USB system?

I'm scared to download any third party apps without knowing if they're legit.

You need an OTG adapter. Most Samsung and Pixel phones come with it, or you could buy one on Amazon for like $5. You plug the USB into the adapter and plug it into the phone's USB-C port. The app TeslaCam Reviewer on Play store) would start and you just select the events sorted by date/time (no more decoding file names). Then you could play back all the cameras (including the rear one) at once in adjustable speed. It was created by a forum member here... huge thread on it so it should be pretty safe. I had been using it for months. I kept my OTG adapter in the car review the events in the car when I have nothing else to do.

• Love
Reactions: Tron 3
thats not the case

I disagree. When I access that website it says that my files will be uploaded, not merely opened for viewing, but uploaded. Even though in a disclaimer it says none of my files will be uploaded. Furthermore, in the second screenshot below it once again uses the term "UPLOAD" and it further qualifies that statement by saying that it is going to "Upload 43 files to this site", and "Only do this if you trust this site".

Screenshot.PNG

Upload.PNG

If truly they are only using their site to enable us to view our mp4's, they need to change the terminology before I feel comfortable using their services.

Otherwise, why isn't it a windows 10 software program instead of a website.

BTW, I don't use any cloud service either.

• Disagree
Reactions: MrBadger
You are uploading to the browser. You are probably finding that it is your browser adding those messages. I certainly do not see them. So the wording is outside the control of the website.

Start Here: Load Videos
Select Directory
Select "TeslaCam" or one of the subdirectories to load ALL saved events.

Some browsers may show an additional security prompt verifying you trust the site before "uploading". Files are not uploaded. Directory structure of any subdirectories are used for grouping events.

Great being in a browser as its cross platform and cross device types. If one day Tesla allows readonly access to the USB device from their browser, it would even work in the car.

Reactions: Tron 3