Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the opposite. My car is idle for around 45 minute or so, then sleeps for a few minutes, then wake to idle for 45 minutes, rinse and repeat.

I made sure both fobs were not waking it (I put them in the refrigerator last night)

I don't have any other logging site active. I did have the firmware tracker attached, but I remove my UUID from that a few days ago.

Here's what happened last night after it finished charging:

View attachment 196660

Any ideas?
Something is waking it up. Try changing your password on tesla.com to invalidate your token. It can take some time for it to invalidate but wait for TeslaFi to send you an email telling you that your token is invalid. You can then request a new token on TeslaFi and you'll know for sure that there's nothing using your token.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Something is waking it up. Try changing your password on tesla.com to invalidate your token. It can take some time for it to invalidate but wait for TeslaFi to send you an email telling you that your token is invalid. You can then request a new token on TeslaFi and you'll know for sure that there's nothing using your token.
Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.

The FW tracker was waking the car every hour. Thanks for the reminder!

My TelsaFi settings are: Sleep mode on, time to try sleeping 15, Idle time before trying 30, scheduled night time on, 7P-10A

I'm glad I saw your note as it got me to check my logs to confirm it was happening to me, too.

Yup, that's probably it.. the FW tracker checks everyone's FW version on the hour, every hour. I'm open to ideas on how to make it work better.

Is there a way to determine whether the car is sleeping via the API and, if it is, don't do whatever it's doing right now? That could allow you keep the hourly checks and not disturb any sleep patterns. The only drawback is the possibility of a car having updated the software but not able to be pinged.

For now, I deleted the TeslaFi token but i'd love to add it back in if I can contribute to the FW site without impacting sleep patterns too much.

What is a FW tracker?
If the car is plugged in at night, does it need to sleep? My human body needs sleep, but does the machine?
@HankLloydRight runs ev-fw.com where owners can update the firmware versions on their vehicles. I believe it's mostly been manually entered but he had recently introduced a method to automatically update by pinging the car every hour, but it seems like it interrupts sleep mode via TeslaFi. Any other service that logs data or pings your car (even the official Tesla app) would result in waking the car back up, too.

Us data nerds find it valuable in identifying trends and such in the software deployments. With the 8.0 roll out, it's been interesting seeing how they had paused then almost immediately released a newer version slowly then increased once the work week started.

I reset my password, and got a new UUID setup for TeslFi, but my car still will not sleep today. I suspect the new keep the car under 105 is the problem during the day (it's pretty hot out today). That probably causes slight battery drain, which prevents the sleep script from firing up.

Maybe the script can check for "in park" and only small drain for 'n' minutes, then try to let sleep kick in, instead of no battery change?

I'll go out now and turn of "pet safety mode" and see if it sleeps better.

I reset my password, and got a new UUID setup for TeslFi, but my car still will not sleep today. I suspect the new keep the car under 105 is the problem during the day (it's pretty hot out today). That probably causes slight battery drain, which prevents the sleep script from firing up.

Maybe the script can check for "in park" and only small drain for 'n' minutes, then try to let sleep kick in, instead of no battery change?

I'll go out now and turn of "pet safety mode" and see if it sleeps better.
Try 5 MG of Xanax in the charge port. It should rest peacefully after that.

Hi James,

Been on your site for about a month now. Love the features. However, one doesn't seem to work for my car.

I am getting no data at all on charging. I did do a 90% range charge after joining the site, but have never seen any charging data. Am I doing something wrong? It tracks my trips just fine, albeit with weird results for the charge as it doesn't seem to know what my range charge is, of course. By the way, I am not yet updated to 8.0.

Keep up the great work and thanks for helping the Tesla community. :D

Hi James,

Been on your site for about a month now. Love the features. However, one doesn't seem to work for my car.

I am getting no data at all on charging. I did do a 90% range charge after joining the site, but have never seen any charging data. Am I doing something wrong? It tracks my trips just fine, albeit with weird results for the charge as it doesn't seem to know what my range charge is, of course. By the way, I am not yet updated to 8.0.

Keep up the great work and thanks for helping the Tesla community. :D
It looks like you have large amounts of time when your car is offline meaning it has no internet connection. If charging happens during this offline time TeslaFi won't get the data or even notice a charge occurred. Are you connected to LTE or Wifi in your garage when your charging?

Just one data point my car sleeps for several hours, yesterday five hours then woke up at 4am in the morning. In my case sleep is working, but I have a dashcam powered on all the time so it causes 12V drain. That's why I think my car sleeps 5 or 7 hours at a time, not the whole night.
I set power saving ON, always connected OFF.

What is a FW tracker?
If the car is plugged in at night, does it need to sleep? My human body needs sleep, but does the machine?

Machine does not need sleep, but if it's awake it consumes extra power, which I think a waste of energy and small amount of money every night.

It looks like you have large amounts of time when your car is offline meaning it has no internet connection. If charging happens during this offline time TeslaFi won't get the data or even notice a charge occurred. Are you connected to LTE or Wifi in your garage when your charging?

WiFi in the garage. I get updates that way from Tesla without problem.

I found one culprit that was waking my car up, OhmConnect.com. I forgot I gave them access to the car so they can stop charging during Ohmhour alerts, but apparently they are checking it all day. I got an email saying they could not connect a few hours after I changed my password. I've requested they not check the car unless it an actual ohmhour alert. Until they change that, I'm not going to update the UUID info there.

I'm not sure how long my car has not been sleeping correctly, but thanks to the knowledge I gained from TeslaFi, and helpful hints from people here, it's napping like a baby today.

Thank you James for such a great and useful site.

Reactions: hiroshiy
First love the app. New S60D owner!!

I've only been using the app for 1.5 day but zero sleeps with 17h 55m of idle logged today (I'm traveling). Was going to wait another day to ask if I was the only one. I've changed to 30min time to try sleeping (vs 15) with no luck. I get the emails "Your Tesla Is Trying To Sleep" but it never sleeps.

I did make some corrections but also make sure you have all the criteria met listed in the sleep mode options in settings if it's still not working.

Got the 8.0 update on Wed night. Today, I got a bunch of emails but zero sleeps. Just now ~9pm PT, I went out to the car and checked the "Always Connected" and then unchecked again - hoping that enabling/disabling will trigger some Zzz's for the car. Will report back tomorrow.

Got the 8.0 update on Wed night. Today, I got a bunch of emails but zero sleeps. Just now ~9pm PT, I went out to the car and checked the "Always Connected" and then unchecked again - hoping that enabling/disabling will trigger some Zzz's for the car. Will report back tomorrow.

B I N G O !!

She's already sleeping for 10min. For those that can't get to sleep - try checking/unchecking the box...worked for me.