Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA - I have been using TeslaFI for a few years now. In May of this year my big battery died on my 2015 MS 85D 3 days after the warranty expired.

Tesla initially gave me a bill for $20K to replace the battery. Not cool just 3 days out of warranty.

I had noticed that my range had dropped over the winter months but didn't do anything about it as I assumed that Tesla had changed the range calculation as they have done many times before.

I pulled up my TeslaFI charging logs and it showed a history of degradation over a few months. I sent this info to Tesla and after about a month, corporate approved a replacement battery under warranty.

GO TESLAFI !!!

PSA - I have been using TeslaFI for a few years now. In May of this year my big battery died on my 2015 MS 85D 3 days after the warranty expired.

Tesla initially gave me a bill for $20K to replace the battery. Not cool just 3 days out of warranty.

I had noticed that my range had dropped over the winter months but didn't do anything about it as I assumed that Tesla had changed the range calculation as they have done many times before.

I pulled up my TeslaFI charging logs and it showed a history of degradation over a few months. I sent this info to Tesla and after about a month, corporate approved a replacement battery under warranty.

GO TESLAFI !!!
Thats a really good story, I never thought of that that could be a proof of things!

Thanks for sharing! 👍

I made a report to teslafi about that issue.

The displayed range of the car changes with changed wheels in the service menu.

What you see is that change in displayed range between the wheels.
Did you ever hear back from TeslaFi about the wheel size issue in the battery degradation report?
It is pretty much unusable right now, at least comparison to others. Although, obviously you can track your own GOM degradation...

Thanks!

1696420005516.png

Did you ever hear back from TeslaFi about the wheel size issue in the battery degradation report?
Nope, no info or feedback unless I did not miss that somehow.
It is pretty much unusable right now, at least comparison to others. Although, obviously you can track your own GOM degradation...
Yes, I might not continue with teslafi after this years subscribtion has ended.

My cars nominal full pack is 98.4kWh, nominal remaining reached 99.0 kWh last charge (out of 99.4 full pack when new), the range is 560km displayed. Still in the bottom at teslafi battery report unless I change the wheels in the menu.

Also, the high range vs low range and high range vs current range make ot look like my car has lost 12-13% range becaise I tested once to change the wheels in the menu.

It doesnt feel attractive to have it like this.
IMG_5423.jpeg

Reactions: JzCastle
Nope, no info or feedback unless I did not miss that somehow.

Yes, I might not continue with teslafi after this years subscribtion has ended.

My cars nominal full pack is 98.4kWh, nominal remaining reached 99.0 kWh last charge (out of 99.4 full pack when new), the range is 560km displayed. Still in the bottom at teslafi battery report unless I change the wheels in the menu.

Also, the high range vs low range and high range vs current range make ot look like my car has lost 12-13% range becaise I tested once to change the wheels in the menu.

It doesnt feel attractive to have it like this.
View attachment 979644
Have you tried messaging them about it?

Tesla's API changes will almost surely impact TeslaFi in a negative way:

Tesla hasn't provided information on cost or other tiers yet. Price of TeslaFi and other services will almost surely go up (perhaps becoming prohibitively expensive) and/or the service will cease to be very useful by only being able to poll once every 5 minutes. I think the current polling rate is once a minute. It also limits the service itself to poll Tesla 1 million times a day. At up to 288 times a day per car, that's only 3,472 cars. That doesn't count the cars sleeping times where they're not being polled, however. Still, I think TeslaFi already has over 3,500 cars according to its software tracker.

I think Tesla is gearing API access for fleet use, more to be used by business owners to track their cars and can absorb the high cost of API access. Tesla doesn't seem to care how this affects data collection hobbyists or individual owners since they don't make any money from them.

Has anyone else had problems with the change over. We updated the API on Tuesday morning and again this morning and received notification from tesla that we've granted access to Teslafi, but no indication that Teslafi is actually talking to the car. It has not updated anything since the end of our last drive on Monday night and still displays the car's state at that time as the current state.

There's a post about this in the UK & Ireland forum, and I'm in Canada. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API for cars not in the US since my search of TMC didn't turn up anything current about Teslafi not working due to the new API, which leads me to believe US-based owners aren't having issues.

Has anyone else had problems with the change over. We updated the API on Tuesday morning and again this morning and received notification from tesla that we've granted access to Teslafi, but no indication that Teslafi is actually talking to the car. It has not updated anything since the end of our last drive on Monday night and still displays the car's state at that time as the current state.

There's a post about this in the UK & Ireland forum, and I'm in Canada. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API for cars not in the US since my search of TMC didn't turn up anything current about Teslafi not working due to the new API, which leads me to believe US-based owners aren't having issues.
My switchover in the US went smoothly. Did not notice any difference once it went through.

In the TeslaFi support knowledge base I saw others had the same problem. Anything suggested there was not applicable to me but there was also the suggestion that those who put in tickets had their situation resolved quickly. I did so and my car is now reporting appropriately. Two and a half days of lost data but only one drive in that time (we had limped home on Monday night and only have a 110v charging option so it has been working its way back up to a full charge.)