Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi: What the heck is it supposed to be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best I can guess is the owner can't hire anyone who has done a user-interface before.
I signed up so I could see what it was. It didn't give me much info.
I forgot about for awhile, then I tried to play with it again, and it asked for money.
So I paid it money.

And nothing. No response to a complaint. They deduct the money before the product is delivered. ie - if the product doesn't not work, tough, you are only the hook for $50/yr for life. Not $50 for a year. $50/yr for life unless you can figure out how to locate TeslaFi's owner in person.

Everybody praises it. I guess they've never seen real telemetric apps? Or do they delete complaints about it?

I don't usually rant about such things. Steal $50? Meh, not an issue. Steal $50/yr for life? Big issue.

Last edited:
Paypal wants to see a receipt to file a complaint. Here's a TeslaFi receipt:

"Hello, This email is a reminder that logging for your TeslaFi account xxxxxxxxxx is currently turned off. Please log into TeslaFi and turn on logging in the settings page to continue logging data for your vehicle. This email is sent weekly if logging is turned off with an active subscription. You can turn this notification off in settings->notifications in TeslaFi.com.

Thank you,
TeslaFi.com"

I click on TURN ON LOGGING, and it tells me to TURN ON LOGGING. I click on TURN ON LOGGING, and it tells me to TURN ON LOGGING.

Clever. "Go sit in the corner" then put them in a round room.

There are thousands of owners out there using TeslaFi without issue, myself included. If you don't like the UI, there are shinier alternatives - Stats for iOS, TezLab, TeslaScope, or even TeslaMate if you want a self-hosted solution.

The UI takes my money and gives me no data. Won't let me log in. Nor can you kill your lifetime subscription. Nor do they give you a receipt. Want to know what they tell PayPal they sold you? "Nothing", so at least in my case, they are honest.

If you think that's acceptable, cool. Can you pay the $50 for life for me? Thanks in advance.

The UI takes my money and gives me no data. Won't let me log in. Nor can you kill your lifetime subscription. Nor do they give you a receipt. Want to know what they tell PayPal they sold you? "Nothing", so at least in my case, they are honest.

If you think that's acceptable, cool. Can you pay the $50 for life for me? Thanks in advance.

You know that old fable about a monkey and a pair of spectacles? You're starting to sound like the main character. TeslaFi offers a free 14-day trial and a $5/month subscription. They send me a standard PayPal receipt with each transaction and post invoices for each payment under Settings -> Account -> Manage subscription - same place where you can cancel a subscription (although cancelling a lifetime subscription doesn't make much sense - it's lifetime, after all). Finally, they offer support - via Facebook, Twitter, support.teslafi.com and [email protected]. Instead of wasting your energy on temper tantrums worthy of a 3-year-old, try using the tools at your disposal.

There are a help forum and a ticket mechanism for issues included with TeslaFi on the site (under the help menu/tab). Never understood all the discussion here about it. :D

Asked many questions there and gotten answers quickly.

Thanks, I got them to refund most the money. So it's settled.

If a mod reads this, they can delete the thread.

No, the simplest solution was to contact PayPal. Then they responded. Imagine ...

I suggest anyone with a similar issue, go right to PayPal.

I'd go one step further, but in the opposite direction. I would STRONGLY suggest that anyone interested in learning so much more about their Tesla, sign up immediately for TeslaFi's free 14-day trial. I have no doubt that you will be amazed by TelsaFi.com and will happily pay $5/month for the information after the free trial.

Sorry OP, it’s you.

Reactions: fmm