Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm

it asked for User name and pw first time (pop up box), and for some reason i got that wrong (forgot what i put in!).

reset pw in the HTpasswd site and file and now it says:

404 page not found :/

Thought Trump might have given you COVID after the FBI screen incident!

Might want to try and regenerate the .htpasswd phrase again and repaste it in there, making sure no extra spaces etc..

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc
That's because you need to restart the ssh instance after entering "sudo usermod -aG docker $USER" in order for docker to run without sudo, but I expect you ended up doing that later anyway if you managed to get it running. I'll give this one more go in a bit and see how I get on.

I've put the guide up here @simon.c - It'll stop the auto formatting on here buggering it up:

How to setup and run TeslaMate for free on Google Cloud - TeslaEV.co.uk

Let me know how you get on

Reactions: Durzel
Thought Trump might have given you COVID after the FBI screen incident!

Might want to try and regenerate the .htpasswd phrase again and repaste it in there, making sure no extra spaces etc..
:eek:

I'm in, holy crap! (i did something stupid and simple to get the error! but sorted now)

In.JPG

@DaveW appricate the tutorial :D also thx to @Durzel for starting this option :)

Whats next in these free tutorials! :p

Reactions: Durzel and DaveW
  • Informative
Thanks for putting that together DaveW - I'm giving it one more try and things initially appear ok, though I am still waiting for my new DNS changes to propagate for the grafana A DNS entry so I can't see if that side of things is working yet. For some reason the teslamate one happened straight away and although I can ping the grafana address correctly on the VM itself, my home ISP is still resolving it as the old address they were on yesterday so I can't properly test it yet. I had reserved a static external IP for all my previous testing but typically I'd deleted it yesterday after giving up! If I do get it up and running I may try temporarily upgrading the machine type prior to running the import again.

Reactions: Durzel
Thanks for putting that together DaveW - I'm giving it one more try and things initially appear ok, though I am still waiting for my new DNS changes to propagate for the grafana A DNS entry so I can't see if that side of things is working yet. For some reason the teslamate one happened straight away and although I can ping the grafana address correctly on the VM itself, my home ISP is still resolving it as the old address they were on yesterday so I can't properly test it yet. I had reserved a static external IP for all my previous testing but typically I'd deleted it yesterday after giving up! If I do get it up and running I may try temporarily upgrading the machine type prior to running the import again.

Might not be a bad shout, beef it up to get the data in :)

How to setup and run TeslaMate for free on Google Cloud - TeslaEV.co.uk

Thank you! :)

It finally works!

I spent the day trying the "Advanced install with Apache". The certificates worked but not much else... So I started again with Debian 9 and the installation worked without errors this time. But... ended with a 404 error on teslamate page, car_id=1 timeout error in the log and queries errors on the grafana page... Was about to give up but after 2 more docker-compose up (without any change) it works now!

Thanks!

Thank you! :)

It finally works!

I spent the day trying the "Advanced install with Apache". The certificates worked but not much else... So I started again with Debian 9 and the installation worked without errors this time. But... ended with a 404 error on teslamate page, car_id=1 timeout error in the log and queries errors on the grafana page... Was about to give up but after 2 more docker-compose up (without any change) it works now!

Thanks!

My pleasure, glad I can add something back in here :)

Well temporarily using a different DNS which has been updated and things appear to be working ok at the moment. Currently uploading my teslafi backup files and will try changing to the next machine size up for the import and see what happens as I'm pretty sure the micro wasn't up to it yesterday. Will keep you posted!

Reactions: DaveW
Well temporarily using a different DNS which has been updated and things appear to be working ok at the moment. Currently uploading my teslafi backup files and will try changing to the next machine size up for the import and see what happens as I'm pretty sure the micro wasn't up to it yesterday. Will keep you posted!

Excellent, wonder what the problem is / was with Debian 10.

I've suggested the uplift trick to a guy on the Facebook group too, good shout.

The F1-small service works out at about £10 a month, but obviously you won't pay anything if you signed up and got the $300 free trial credit. I've just had my first invoice to confirm this.

Untitled-1.png

If you're not planning to do much else with GCP apart from run TeslaMate then you might as well go straight to F1-small anyway, since the $300 credit runs out after 12 months. You can always downgrade to F1-micro at the end.

F1-small doesn't seem to make much difference in terms of speed, but it does stop GCP complaining about it running out of memory.

I might even relocate mine to Europe given that I'm only going to end up using about £100 of my credit before it expires currently.

Reactions: davidmc
Success!

Big thanks to both DaveW for pulling everything together and determining that Debian 9 vs 10 seemed to be the sticking point, and thanks also to Durzel for the machine type tip. I've now managed to get everything initiated on a micro as per DaveW's latest guide, then shutdown and changed machine type to small to perform the import (didn't take too long for 6 month's worth - probably around 30-40 minutes), then shutdown again and changed back to micro to run it post-import and so far (touch wood) it appears to be behaving!

If anyone needs a hand with the import process I can go through what I did.

Success!

Big thanks to both DaveW for pulling everything together and determining that Debian 9 vs 10 seemed to be the sticking point, and thanks also to Durzel for the machine type tip. I've now managed to get everything initiated on a micro as per DaveW's latest guide, then shutdown and changed machine type to small to perform the import, then shutdown again and changed back to micro to run it post-import and so far (touch wood) it appears to be behaving!

If anyone needs a hand with the import process I can go through what I did.

A successful day for a few of us with this :)

I’ll be updating the Supercharger bulk import file tonight as there have been a few new chargers since I made the list, something else for you to do later!

Reactions: Durzel and davidmc
Done

TeslaMate - How to bulk import UK Supercharger locations - TeslaEV.co.uk

If you already added the others, then you just need these ones (follow the rest of the instructions on the page)

Code:
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_kwh, session_fee) VALUES ('Colchester', 51.88071, 0.788574, 35, '2020-07-02 10:04:00 ', '2020-07-02 10:04:00 ', 0.24, NULL);
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_kwh, session_fee) VALUES ('Hilton Park Northbound Supercharger', 52.644021, -2.058587, 35, '2020-07-02 09:58:00 ', '2020-07-02 09:58:00 ', 0.24, NULL);
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_kwh, session_fee) VALUES ('Edinburgh Supercharger', 55.9453739, -3.3671657, 35, '2020-05-21 15:54:00 ', '2020-05-25 05:54:00 ', 0.24, NULL);

Thanks again DaveW, I've now imported all those in too, though just be aware that the bulk list of Superchargers on your site have ended up with incorrectly formatted ' which the database throws an error up at (at least on my computer/browser anyway). The ones in your post above and the Destination chargers seem to be ok - it's just the bulk list of Superchargers which have ended up as ‘Edinburgh Supercharger’ instead of 'Edinburgh Supercharger', for example (if you need a magnifying glass the database doesn't like the "left/right" versions - it has to be the neutral straight up/down one). I just ended up putting the list into a text file and doing a find/replace all on them.