Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is working fine, but I'm still on 1.28.4

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 16.50.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 16.50.50.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 14
v1.29.2 is now available and a new feature is in development:

Dynamic endpoints and token to use official Tesla API (self-hosted or from third party provider)

No documentation so far, but the team will work on it.
If anyone has any information please let us know how this will work. (ie. how do we self host)
I did read the notes but do not fully understand:

• Love
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
v1.29.2 is now available and a new feature is in development:

Dynamic endpoints and token to use official Tesla API (self-hosted or from third party provider)
Maybe I missed something, but I it looks like if you use that that you only get updates once per minute. Which would mean you lose a lot of data, and that tracking trips would not be very accurate/good.

(ie. how do we self host)
Tesla provides a self hosted web server that implements the vehicle API as one item in this github:

It translates/converts requests into FleetAPI requests, so you need to have that set up first.

• Informative
Reactions: zknobody and Durzel
Octopus rates changed today so I've been trying to update my Cost per kWh in my home geofence using the UI.

When I enter the new rate and click save, then continue to ignore adding retrospective costs to null charging sessions, the page refreshes and the change to the rate appears not to save.

Just looking at the browser logs and can't see anything in the console or network log.
I'm running the latest version.

Anyone else not able to update a cost for a geofenced location?

Reactions: EVCarGUy
Octopus rates changed today so I've been trying to update my Cost per kWh in my home geofence using the UI.

When I enter the new rate and click save, then continue to ignore adding retrospective costs to null charging sessions, the page refreshes and the change to the rate appears not to save.

Just looking at the browser logs and can't see anything in the console or network log.

Just entered a value for a geofence and cleared the value for the geofence on 1.29.2 - no issues. Running a standard Docker configuration.

I'm seeing this as well, and embarrassingly, I had this before (TeslaMate [megathread]), and I also fixed it...

But I can't remember how 😭

I think it is this ^^^

As adding and/editing a new location is fine, but ‘Home’ would have LOTS of entries after. 4 years…
Home will only have one entry in the geofences table which is what you are trying to update. You would only run into issues if you were trying to update previous charging sessions. IIRC from the teslamate geofence page you can only update sessions at a particular location if they have no existing cost.
It could be a general slow down of the database, but the logs would tell you exactly what is going on. Everything else is just guesswork.

Reactions: spooksman
Apologies for OT, but which hosting companies are people currently using to host TeslaMate?

Iirc digitalocean was the host of choice.

I’m not interested in self hosting on Pi etc and TBH I’m not actually looking at hosting TeslaMate either but just something that may have similar requirements and I don’t have to go to Microsoft and give them my open wallet.

If supported containers and persistent storage and/or basic database, even better. Doesn’t need much RAM, probably <= 512MB would suffice if it had native container support. Minimal network and CPU too. Just for hosting a small angular website a couple of API’s, maybe small database for a nominal monthly amount.

Last edited:
Apologies for OT, but which hosting companies are people currently using to host TeslaMate?

I’m not interested in self hosting on Pi etc and TBH I’m not actually looking at hosting TeslaMate either but just something that may have similar requirements and I don’t have to go to Microsoft and give them my open wallet.

If supported containers and persistent storage and/or basic database, even better. Doesn’t need much RAM, probably <= 512MB would suffice if it had native container support. Minimal network and CPU too. Just host a small angular website a couple of API’s and maybe basic access to an identity server for a nominal monthly amount.
there is Google free tier...

but I use own raspberry pi. thinking of moving it to another NUC or SSFF pc like lenovo thinkpad m920q which I have laying around...

just need good 2 tb ssd to shove it in :D

If supported containers and persistent storage and/or basic database, even better. Doesn’t need much RAM, probably <= 512MB would suffice if it had native container support. Minimal network and CPU too. Just for hosting a small angular website a couple of API’s, maybe small database for a nominal monthly amount.
Thought DigitalOcean’s IPs were blocked from Tesla’s servers? Meaning your tokens will not refresh.