Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, at least I can rule out a spectre sitting in my drivers seat.

I think "Windows open" is somewhat of a false positive, as a result of the drivers door (or whichever one you've opened) dropping slightly to clear the chrome trim.

Reports are that Tesla has blocked TeslaFi from using the API, is anyone seeing the same issue with their TeslaMate instance being blocked from using the API to collect data?
See the other two threads in this forum on this topic, but in short - if you're running Teslamate from your home it's working fine.

There are only Tesla API problems for people hosting applications inside Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon AWS.

• Informative
Reactions: piotroek
After some farting around, I've got TeslaMate running and working on a Digital Ocean 'Droplet' ($5 per month).

To get this running, you'll need to sign up for Digital Ocean - Signing up on this referral link: https://m.do.co/c/506805040c1f gives you $100 credit and me $25 credit

When you first sign up, complete your details and payment method etc.. you get presented this screen:
Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 11.13.07.png

Click 'Docker app' then click next, you can then choose your local data centre and OS, I left everything apart from data centre location (choose London) then created the box.

The password you choose when creating this box will be your SSH password, so make a note of it! :)

Once this step is done, you can follow my Google Cloud guide from the 'Docker Compose install' section onwards.

Once setup, you can SFTP into the box IP address, root for the username, whatever password you set and copy over your last backup file, then follow the restore section of the TM backup/restore guide: Backup and Restore | TeslaMate

You'll need to re-setup the automated backups if you had them in place.

After some farting around, I've got TeslaMate running and working on a Digital Ocean 'Droplet' ($5 per month).

To get this running, you'll need to sign up for Digital Ocean - Signing up on this referral link: https://m.do.co/c/506805040c1f gives you $100 credit and me $25 credit

When you first sign up, complete your details and payment method etc.. you get presented this screen:
View attachment 587006

Click 'Docker app' then click next, you can then choose your local data centre and OS, I left everything apart from data centre location (choose London) then created the box.

The password you choose when creating this box will be your SSH password, so make a note of it! :)

Once this step is done, you can follow my Google Cloud guide from the 'Docker Compose install' section onwards.

Once setup, you can SFTP into the box IP address, root for the username, whatever password you set and copy over your last backup file, then follow the restore section of the TM backup/restore guide: Backup and Restore | TeslaMate

You'll need to re-setup the automated backups if you had them in place.

Thanks for this. Set this up and everything starts fine. Backup restored fine as well. However I am unable to login with my Tesla account. Anything special with Traefik?

I've put together the guide in one place now

How to setup and run TeslaMate on a Digital Ocean Droplet server - TeslaEV.co.uk

The restore step is fairly painless, it's all working on mine at the moment, I've reinstalled the automated backup and monitoring too.

Nice write up mate! I've more or less done the same thing but have my backups going to backblaze B2. One other thing I'd suggest is installing the latest patches on the DO instance:

1) apt list --upgradeable
2) apt upgrade

Nice write up mate! I've more or less done the same thing but have my backups going to backblaze B2. One other thing I'd suggest is installing the latest patches on the DO instance:

1) apt list --upgradeable
2) apt upgrade

Good shout, I’ll stick that in there at some point over the weekend :)

The Google Drive backup solution does work well, good for free too