Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone help with broken authentication on Pi installation?

Been working fine for months. No changes that I can think of.

Error: :mfa_input_not_found

My data stopped being captured in Teslamate. I see that logging in to teslamate gives the above MFA error. I have never enabled MFA / 2FA.

I've tried enabling mfa in my Tesla accont, used it successfully to log out / back in to the android app, but my Pi still gives the same error. If MFA is enabled, how does logging in to Teslamate handle that?

I have tried disabling mfs / removing authenticator device, and still no change. What am I missing?! This error seems to have been mentionned a few times both in this thread and elsewhere but so far I am stuck.

Thanks for any clues / info

Can anyone help with broken authentication on Pi installation?

Been working fine for months. No changes that I can think of.

Error: :mfa_input_not_found

My data stopped being captured in Teslamate. I see that logging in to teslamate gives the above MFA error. I have never enabled MFA / 2FA.

I've tried enabling mfa in my Tesla accont, used it successfully to log out / back in to the android app, but my Pi still gives the same error. If MFA is enabled, how does logging in to Teslamate handle that?

I have tried disabling mfs / removing authenticator device, and still no change. What am I missing?! This error seems to have been mentionned a few times both in this thread and elsewhere but so far I am stuck.

Thanks for any clues / info
Which version of TeslaMate are you running?

There's been quite a few mentions in the recent release notes regarding MFA, they may have disabled/changed server side support for non MFA enabled Tesla accounts.

Also, any reason why you don't have MFA enabled?

Which version of TeslaMate are you running?

There's been quite a few mentions in the recent release notes regarding MFA, they may have disabled/changed server side support for non MFA enabled Tesla accounts.

Also, any reason why you don't have MFA enabled?

I generally keep version up to date, but just installed the very latest to see if it made any difference. Now on 1.22.0

I just hadn't gotten around to enabling mfa, but having enabled, tested, disabled, tested again there seems no difference - except needing mfa logging into app / account of course.

With mfa enabled, should the Teslamate login prompt for an MFA code?

Report #1651 on GitHub is same issue as me.

Last edited:
I generally keep version up to date, but just installed the very latest to see if it made any difference. Now on 1.22.0

I just hadn't gotten around to enabling mfa, but having enabled, tested, disabled, tested again there seems no difference - except needing mfa logging into app / account of course.

With mfa enabled, should the Teslamate login prompt for an MFA code?

Report #1651 on GitHub is same issue as me.
It should prompt for MFA however Tesla seems to be testing captura for some unknown reason.

It should prompt for MFA however Tesla seems to be testing captura for some unknown reason.
That seems to be the change that is stopping Teslamate from logging in. Since Tesla started using captura have any any Teslamate users successfully generated new tokens? Does manual token generation still work? If so, what are the best alternatives?

Crikey. The potential implications for third party apps is pretty huge - I wonder if it was an intentional shot at them or fallout from something else? If its just on token renewal I can live with having to manually get a new token every couple of months. TeslaFi has been pretty seamless at dealing with changes (except when we all got caught up in the mass AWS et al blocking) and it looks like they have come up with at least a workaround for manual token creation.

1622372223450.png

Reactions: Battpower and goRt
I would hope (expect?) that token refresh doesn't present the capchta prompt otherwise the official apps will require re-authorisation every 45 days which sounds nuts.

Hopefully this unrequired change only applies at device/app setup
Crikey. The potential implications for third party apps is pretty huge - I wonder if it was an intentional shot at them or fallout from something else? If its just on token renewal I can live with having to manually get a new token every couple of months. TeslaFi has been pretty seamless at dealing with changes (except when we all got caught up in the mass AWS et al blocking) and it looks like they have come up with at least a workaround for manual token creation.

View attachment 667840

workaround for manual token creation
Does this have any implications as compared with the embedded route for Token generation?

Is it the case that API tokens don't expire?

Last edited:

This ^^^^^ covers security concerns.

I'm still thinking about what difference it makes. I suspect not actually a lot other than convenience.

Does this have any implications as compared with the embedded route for Token generation?

Is it the case that API tokens don't expire?

Thanks to the Auth app for Tesla I got Teslamate working again :)

How can we trust this site?

Second for the Netherlands it doesn't work :oops:
I was not suggesting this or any authentication site can be trusted.

I was asking the same question. How can we trust any 3rd party site that requires tesla account credentials to be entered.

teslatokengenerator.com doesn't support captcha so is no help, but the code is publically visible.

teslafi has a key generator if you care to trust that. [edit: built in to teslafi login process. So similar should be possible with Teslamate soon. But you still trust developer and system security with your credentials.]

But you already trust 3rd parties when you give account credentials.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Maurice1
Updated the supercharger import guide to include Cardiff SC supercharger that is now live :)

The single update if you need it:
Code:
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_unit, session_fee) VALUES ('Cardiff SC Supercharger', 51.53156737586934, -3.1386173576718175, 35, '2021-06-01 06:33:00 ', '2021-06-01 06:33:00 ', 0.30, NULL);