Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm very interested in installing this.. but 124 pages is too long. What's the easiest way to install this?
As I understand it won't be accessible remotely from outside my home network?

I have a mac mini server I use as homebridge server.. perhaps I could use it for this purpose

Hi, I'm very interested in installing this.. but 124 pages is too long. What's the easiest way to install this?

I have a mac mini server I use as homebridge server.. perhaps I could use it for this purpose

Assuming you can run docker then the install guides on github

Yes, I've tried every version with multiple OSs. All of them are not closing the drives properly.

I'm down to the last permutation of version/os and I'll see if going back to postgres 12 instead of 14 will help.
What's in your logs? Any clues there?
I'm sure you know this, but any drives that have not been closed will stay unclosed until you manually close them. Are you saying that after you change version every new drive is unclosed too?

Hi. I’ve had teslamate running for half a year now and it’s great but just recently had some longer runs out and needed to supercharge. The charges are picked up with all the statistics but the cost isn’t being captured and I’ve been having to add them myself. Have I missed a setting?

Hi. I’ve had teslamate running for half a year now and it’s great but just recently had some longer runs out and needed to supercharge. The charges are picked up with all the statistics but the cost isn’t being captured and I’ve been having to add them myself. Have I missed a setting?
No, it is not intended to capture Supercharging sessions automatically. It is a desired request within the repo and there seems to be an API available. Adrian may or may not implement it.

Reactions: init6
Hi all, my teslamate windows server docker install went belly up whilst I was on holiday (bad docker upgrade I think). Anyhoo, I thought it an ideal opportunity to migrate to raspberry pi to help save electric!
Have successfully installed docker and restored the data from end of July - all good!
I've just tried to import the data from a Teslafi trial for the last week or so - it's ticked ok on the import, but I can't see the data. Does it take a while to propagate? The documentation says something about address may take a while?
Thanks!

Hi all, my teslamate windows server docker install went belly up whilst I was on holiday (bad docker upgrade I think). Anyhoo, I thought it an ideal opportunity to migrate to raspberry pi to help save electric!
Have successfully installed docker and restored the data from end of July - all good!
I've just tried to import the data from a Teslafi trial for the last week or so - it's ticked ok on the import, but I can't see the data. Does it take a while to propagate? The documentation says something about address may take a while?
Thanks!
There is a note in the instructions:
NOTE
If there is an overlap between the already existing TeslaMate and TeslaFi data, only the data prior to the first TeslaMate data will be imported.
There's a discussion on the Github page of a similar nature:

Reactions: PaulMD
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on this. Got Teslamate up and running via Docker on my iMac and laptop. However i really want it running on a Raspberry Pi4 (also via Docker). localhost 3000 for the dashboard is fine, but it won't allow access to localhost:4000 to sign in to the Tesla. The error message is ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED. Any recommendations on how to track down the issue. thanks

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on this. Got Teslamate up and running via Docker on my iMac and laptop. However i really want it running on a Raspberry Pi4 (also via Docker). localhost 3000 for the dashboard is fine, but it won't allow access to localhost:4000 to sign in to the Tesla. The error message is ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED. Any recommendations on how to track down the issue. thanks
Where is that error message coming from? Your browser or the Teslamate logs? Do the teslamate logs have anything else in them?
What version of Teslamate are you running?
edit: and what does docker-compose ps look like?

Where is that error message coming from? Your browser or the Teslamate logs? Do the teslamate logs have anything else in them?
What version of Teslamate are you running?
edit: and what does docker-compose ps look like?
Thank Init6 for taking time to response.

The error message was from the browser (Chromium). I can't see a version number as no access to 4000. The version running on the mac is V1.27.1.
I did have Teslamate running on the Raspberry Pi for a short while last year - could it still be looking at an older version?

Logs show:
f1a83d1f9507_tesla_teslamate_1 | waiting for postgres at database:5432
f1a83d1f9507_tesla_teslamate_1 | sleep: cannot read realtime clock: Operation not permitted

Docker-compose below
version: "3"

services:
teslamate:
image: teslamate/teslamate:latest
restart: always
environment:
- ENCRYPTION_KEY=**
- DATABASE_USER=teslamate
- DATABASE_PASS=**
- DATABASE_NAME=teslamate
- DATABASE_HOST=database
- MQTT_HOST=mosquitto
ports:
- 4000:4000
volumes:
- ./import:/opt/app/import
cap_drop:
- all

database:
image: postgres:14
environment:
- POSTGRES_USER=teslamate
- POSTGRES_PASSWORD=**
- POSTGRES_DB=teslamate
volumes:
- teslamate-db:/var/lib/postgresql/data

grafana:
image: teslamate/grafana:latest
environment:
- DATABASE_USER=teslamate
- DATABASE_PASS=**
- DATABASE_NAME=teslamate
- DATABASE_HOST=database
ports:
- 3000:3000
volumes:
- teslamate-grafana-data:/var/lib/grafana

mosquitto:
image: eclipse-mosquitto:2
command: mosquitto -c /mosquitto-no-auth.conf
# ports:
# - 1883:1883
volumes:
- mosquitto-conf:/mosquitto/config
- mosquitto-data:/mosquitto/data

volumes:
teslamate-db:
teslamate-grafana-data:
mosquitto-conf:
mosquitto-data:

The logs will show the version number. Grep for the Version number like this:
docker-compose logs teslamate | grep Version
If you search for 4000 in this thread the most common problem is version 1.25.2 that needed changes to the Pi libraries or an upgrade to bullseye. Search for "monotonic" in this thread for more.
I presume you've removed the passwords from DATABASE_PASSWORD and DATABASE_PASS, but they are both the same?

The logs will show the version number. Grep for the Version number like this:

If you search for 4000 in this thread the most common problem is version 1.25.2 that needed changes to the Pi libraries or an upgrade to bullseye. Search for "monotonic" in this thread for more.
I presume you've removed the passwords from DATABASE_PASSWORD and DATABASE_PASS, but they are both the same?
Cheers Init6 i will take time at the weekend to sort this out.
Yes both passwords are the same - have double checked.