Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's likely that the move by Tesla to the FleetAPI is causing some problems, as the streaming API is a big change over what they currently use (and has a cost implication).
I registered as a Tesla developer and moved my Android charging app / Google App engine code over (for me as none of my beta testers would pay a monthly charge and AppEngine costs me £5 / month for one car...).
I'll find out next year what Tesla plans to charge for access, as there are tiers, but expect Teslamate to stop working early next year or move to a subscription model...

No reply from the original developer.
For the moment, the project seems abandonned.
He hasn't made a commit to Github since the end of October so may be away on holiday. I'd give it a few more weeks before confirming abandonment.
The person who made the fix has offered it to him to be merged into the main branch.

The amount of people in Github comments who will just blindly pull and run a different image connected to a database containing your cars credentials is truly staggering......

I wouldn’t normally mind downloading forked versions of open source software, but the PR looks a bit hacky.

In any case, looks like the new Tesla telemetry SDK might be limited for free use, which in my mind diminishes the value of TeslaMate. Might as well use TeslaFi, or better yet just build my own as a project. Hopefully that will become clear soon.

Hey, I resemble that remark. 🤣

More seriously, I think the fix isn't canonical elixir, but not functionally wrong afaik. It seems to be backward compatible as well.
Haha, if it's any consolation I know nothing about elixir so wouldn't be a useful resource for a better fix! At least you got it working which is something I'm sure many including me are grateful for.

That being said, I've forked the repo, copied(stole) your changes, pushed to my own docker registry and downloaded it back to my Pi. So all is working again thanks to you :).

Reactions: jsight
Someone forked and it works for me (at least on Raspberry) GitHub - teslamate-fork/teslamate-fork: A self-hosted data logger for your Tesla 🚘

using this is rather straightforward when using docker compose.
1699692669648.png

Reactions: voom500
Might as well use TeslaFi, or better yet just build my own as a project. Hopefully that will become clear soon.
I'm not a TeslaMate user, but am one of those folks that has been running locally on my home laptop my own Python based logger which I wrote. If someone in this community can provide some reasonable direction for how you can implement your own code using the new Tesla API, I'd really appreciate some guidance. From what I think I understand from my limited initial investigation of the new API, not clear how I do that without having my own web domain to register it.

My programming skills date back to the days of punch cards and FORTRAN (anyone here ever programmed an analog computer???), so I'm much more skilled at the application side once I have the data, so the whole new registered token security credential process is a bit baffling to me.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not a TeslaMate user, but am one of those folks that has been running locally on my home laptop my own Python based logger which I wrote. If someone in this community can provide some reasonable direction for how you can implement your own code using the new Tesla API, I'd really appreciate some guidance. From what I think I understand from my limited initial investigation of the new API, not clear how I do that without having my own web domain to register it.

My programming skills date back to the days of punch cards and FORTRAN (anyone here ever programmed an analog computer???), so I'm much more skilled at the application side once I have the data, so the whole new registered token security credential process is a bit baffling to me.

Thanks in advance!
I haven’t had a look at the new API but once/if I do and I decide to go at it myself, I’ll probably post my progress here. That being said I’m hoping the repo owner is still committed to the project.