Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it is worth, I was on TeslaMate 1.28.3 / Tesla 2023.44.30.8 and saw a random spurt of offline in my states. Since updated to TeslaMate 1.28.4.

I am also going through network issues in my house since last Friday, but the offline states only started today. They have since stopped. Could have been Tesla server side related.

Did you kick it off the router? I've had this in the past where it seemed to not connect properly to the router - or more accurately not disconnect properly.
Not sure what would be the effect here. When the car is asleep it’s not on WiFi anyway, so any polling via the streaming API would be done over LTE.

I can see the car isn’t connected to WiFi when it’s not awake, and is when it is.

Thanks for your assistance though.

This is what it looks like.
IMG_5992.jpeg

Not sure what would be the effect here. When the car is asleep it’s not on WiFi anyway, so any polling via the streaming API would be done over LTE.

I can see the car isn’t connected to WiFi when it’s not awake, and is when it is.

Thanks for your assistance though.
The problem I had was that the car thought it was connected to the internet via wi-fi, but was only connected to the router with no route to the internet. The car therefore couldn't connect to the Tesla servers and appeared offline. It didn't try LTE because it thought it was connected via wifi. Rebooting the car made no difference but a quick reboot of the router sorted it out. (probably resetting the routing table)

I appreciate that this may not be the cause, but it only takes a couple of minutes to reboot the router. YMMV.

The problem I had was that the car thought it was connected to the internet via wi-fi, but was only connected to the router with no route to the internet. The car therefore couldn't connect to the Tesla servers and appeared offline. It didn't try LTE because it thought it was connected via wifi. Rebooting the car made no difference but a quick reboot of the router sorted it out. (probably resetting the routing table)

I appreciate that this may not be the cause, but it only takes a couple of minutes to reboot the router. YMMV.
Have rebooted the wireless access point that is outside, will see if it makes any difference. I couldn't see the car connected on the list of devices, but could see my Andersen charger.

Reactions: init6
What do you mean pull? Do you want to list the drives e.g from home to work? You should be able to do that in grafana? Or do you want them in a file? - which come to think of it you can do in grafana.

I didn't see the option in Grafana but yes as an example list all my drives from Home to Work
Do I need to create a new dashboard or watch some Grafana tutorials ?

I didn't see the option in Grafana but yes as an example list all my drives from Home to Work
Do I need to create a new dashboard or watch some Grafana tutorials ?
By chance are these geo-fences? Or is it possible that the addresses are stored differently in the database? If so, it gets a bit more complicated. Not necessarily Grafana tutorials, it is a SQL query.

Example:
SELECT * from DRIVES where start_address = “something” and end_address = “something”;

Reactions: zknobody
By chance are these geo-fences? Or is it possible that the addresses are stored differently in the database? If so, it gets a bit more complicated. Not necessarily Grafana tutorials, it is a SQL query.

Example:
SELECT * from DRIVES where start_address = “something” and end_address = “something”;

Thanks!

I'll use geofence:

select * from geofences

list the table so i can see which id to use

SELECT
SUM(duration_min) AS total_duration_minutes,
SUM(duration_min) / 60.0 AS total_duration_hours
FROM drives
WHERE start_geofence_id = '1'
AND end_geofence_id = '2';

Perfect, so now I can see how much time I wasted driving from A to B

Reactions: cwanja
Thanks!

I'll use geofence:

select * from geofences

list the table so i can see which id to use

SELECT
SUM(duration_min) AS total_duration_minutes,
SUM(duration_min) / 60.0 AS total_duration_hours
FROM drives
WHERE start_geofence_id = '1'
AND end_geofence_id = '2';

Perfect, so now I can see how much time I wasted driving from A to B
Feel like this is a “if you let me work from home, I am saving X amount of time that I can give by to the company” situation 😉

• Funny
Reactions: zknobody and init6
If it helps anyone regarding the offline/asleep issue...mine spent ~5 hours yesterday morning offline when I would've expected it to be asleep, it's been asleep the rest of the time (other than when being driven or awoken). This is with Teslamate 1.28.3 and car firmware 2024.2.8.

Certainly not going to lie in bed online, worrying about it.

Upgrading from 1.28.3 to 1.28.4 on GCP failed for me with 404 page not found on the Home page (Grafana still worked).
Downgrading back to 1.28.3 on my GCP instance recovered normal operation.
Have you seen this?
Best to jump on that thread if you haven't and see the outcome. More of the devs are there than here.