Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslanaires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seriously considering taking my money out and retiring early. Maybe open up some Subway franchises and getting certified as a teacher.

+1 Vote for this option. You won now do whatever you want to with it :) (just leave a few long term leaps) I would miss your contributions here deeply

You guys are making us thousandaires look bad! We hope to catch up with you soon. :biggrin:

It never looks bad to be a thousandaire!

If i simply held every single thing i bought along the way, i'd probably be up to 200k in profits.
for example i had august 150 calls. sold them on friday for a cool 50% gain. could have sold today for way more.
This happens to me once a week. i buy stuff and sell it the next day for 50%

I no longer allow myself to look at this scenario. I was loaded up with options as soon as I listened to the earnings call where Elon said they would be profitable and everyone sold so the price tanked but I sold them well before they peaked lol.... Happy with what I have gotten thus far.

Congrats to everyone in this club ... amazing :)

I will just say thank you to Elon, Tesla and all the great posters in the various discussion threads on TMC and the Tesla Motors website forum for helping me join this club!

+1! I'm a club member and TMC and all the great discussions have been invalueable. Gave me confidence/validation in TM's model & execution. Enabled me to take the long term view and buy the dips.

I will just say thank you to Elon, Tesla and all the great posters in the various discussion threads on TMC and the Tesla Motors website forum for helping me join this club!

+1. I've made it to the club. It has been the best 4 months of my life. Without TMC and the conviction, it would be much more difficult to hold on to the gain and grow it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seriously considering taking my money out and retiring early. Maybe open up some Subway franchises and getting certified as a teacher.

CO, I just thought with the new found capital, there could be a lot more options? :) For me it seems there are a lot of things to do. Money is just the means to get to other interesting things.

Keep in mind that money is a means to an end. The way society works today, there is in practice only a very small difference in the lifestyle of the middle class and the very rich. The biggest difference is that rich people have the capability to not work for a living, or work only on what they want to. If you find you suddenly have it, don't squander this opportunity in favor of lots of expensive cars and first-class plane travel. Most regular people who by a stroke of luck suddenly get a lot of money, lose it after a couple of years. Diversification and safe withdrawals are the way to go if you want to do this.

CapitalistOppressor has the right idea ;)

[Edit: Since I'm already giving advice like an old grandma, I'll give my two cents for those who call for an Options101 class: Those who made the most from options in Tesla, bought their options when the stock was in the 30s and had been swinging between 20-30 for its entire life.

Options are priced on future possibilities a lot more than the stock itself is. Volatility (large price changes in the recent past) cause options to become a lot more expensive (think a factor of 10 or 100 to give you the right idea). You can only get cheap options if the market thinks the strike price is "impossible" to achieve. Tesla's options were ridiculously underpriced before the Q1 earnings report - so much so that an individual could conceivably drive a sufficiently small and unhedged market maker bankrupt by buying them. The days of a free lunch in Tesla options are past and if you go into option trading expecting to make a lot of money, you are taking on a massive risk. This is fair enough, but only if you know that you are gambling. Options speculation is an all or nothing game (*or "lose 30% of your profits to fees" if you hedge enough). Where options do have a place for a long-term Tesla investor, is as a hedge, or insurance. But like all insurance, you can expect it to be a losing bet].

Last edited:
For those who make it to the club, a big congratulations! Perhaps you will feel even better if Q2 do turns out great, join the party!

Congrats Kevin, and Norse you are not far away I see..:)

Just get prepared for the 3 bagger from here and then the 10 bagger.
Since the car market is so big, if Elon holds on to the company and keeps executing we could have a 35 to 40 bagger in our hands ($500 B market cap).

- - - Updated - - -

I think what is happening is historic and we are lucky to take part so early. I like this thread but hope this does not create millionaire, sub-millionaire, and thousand-aire groups. We are ONE cult and lets help all cult members drive Teslas, invest wisely, and form forever long friendships and bonds. :)

I got in the club when the stock hit 120 something. The only stock I ever bought in my life against a professionals advice. Pure emotion. Right now I just use the money to buy Omaha steaks for the crew at the Columbus service center whenever they work on my car. :smile:

The reason I think thing company is gonna be big and create loads of future millionaires is because 1) several of my freinds have Teslas already and they are not car nuts (which made me buy the stock) 2) Everyone else I talk to wants one - most Gen 3 and X. People are so desperate to own something new in car technology and avoid the gas pumps, it is insane!

This was well written, and I think the article does a good job balancing the benefits and risks of investing in Tesla.

I agree with the guy from Kiplinger's. Don't bet the farm on one company, and derivatives can be dangerous.

I personally know several people who have lost fortunes (millions of dollars) because they bet disproportionately on stocks or mutual funds that "couldn't lose", but ended up nearly worthless anyways. 2001 was a brutal wakeup from the party of the late 90's, and 2008 was even worse. While I don't think TSLA will suffer this fate, I think investors must acknowledge that possibility, and have contingency plans. I have never shied away from investing in a risky company that I thought had massive growth potential, but at the same time, I have always maintained a substantial core of fairly boring, low-cost index funds as the foundation for my portfolio.