TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

@TeslaRoadTrip - Supercharging Across America

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by aaron.s, Jul 16, 2014.

1. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

All -

Here are some of the photo highlights of our journey across the beautiful country of ours thus far... It's been an AMAZING Trip!

Aaron

IMG_4076.jpg IMG_4185.jpg IMG_4197.jpg IMG_7161.jpg IMG_7193.jpg IMG_7313.jpg IMG_7329.jpg IMG_7394.jpg IMG_7422.jpg IMG_7428.jpg IMG_7452.jpg IMG_7542.jpg IMG_7551.jpg IMG_7610.jpg IMG_7634.jpg IMG_7653.jpg IMG_7667.jpg IMG_7671.jpg IMG_7707.jpg IMG_7824.jpg IMG_7832.jpg IMG_8058.jpg IMG_8068.jpg IMG_8085.jpg IMG_8124.jpg IMG_8298.jpg

2. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

looks amazing!

3. Larry

Larry Member

Great pics! You guys are setting a great example of how Tesla can connect the entire country.

4. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

+11

Was so great to meet you guys and I've really been enjoying the trip tweets. Oh... and that Sig Red is just painfully gorgeous...

You're great ambassadors for the brand!

Naturally you're welcome to use/have any of the pics I posted on the other thread of your Cranberry stop-- or if you have a upload site that can take uncompressed (and un-watermarked) photos, I'm happy to give them to you.

Enjoy the ride and savor the adventure-- so envious!!

5. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Awesome pics, be nice to see them at higher resolution!

Wish I'd had the vacation time left this year to participate as it appears you had some awesome road trip adventures!

I've only made it as far as St Louis from Raleigh on the SC network over the Memorial Day weekend earlier this year, we were on a compressed schedule so between driving and charging we spent about 36 hours en-route with no layovers for each of the outbound and return trips. During daylight hours, got to play a lot of soccer with wife and son in various parking lots along the way!

6. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here are a few more photos I took this morning. Aaron stopped to take a photo and it was soooo quiet.

We are currently in Beaver, UT. They had a power outage here last night. Came back on at 7:30 AM.

7. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

image.jpg
    TMC member Thinkje driving near Vail, Colorado. Pano roof open!

8. GlennAlanBerry

How many cars are in the caravan?

It looks like you are having fun!

9. Thinkje

Thinkje Member

There will be 13 cars in the caravan by the time we reach Bonnie's BBQ. And yes, we are having tons of fun!

10. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

And looking forward to the recap during the event too. One question I have is whether any cars in the caravan are 60's, and if that has been holding things up for the 85s?

11. Thinkje

Thinkje Member

All are 85s, and one of them has over 90,000 miles.

12. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Living vicariously through your tweets. Have a great time and hope the hail was kind to the cars.

13. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

So jealous...glad you guys are having fun!!!

14. tamman34

tamman34 S19572, X11164

Did that Roadster make the entire trip? Wow those Road/Driving pictures are looking amazing. Is that blacked out from Virgina?

15. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#15 Calvin.K, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    It was a lot of fun meeting up with you on your trip, hopefully next year I will be able to go to TMC connect as well. Here are the photos/video I took at Mauston Supercharger

DSC00313.jpg DSC00314.jpg DSC00318.jpg DSC00321.jpg DSC00320.jpg DSC00325.jpg DSC00324.jpg

16. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Photos from the last day as we travel north to Bonnie's
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

17. lodenthal

lodenthal Member

It just dawned on me that so many of you are there at Bonnie's tonight. Does anyone need a place to stay tonight? We are not going to be at Bonnie's but have a spare bedroom and can plug you into our charger. From Bonnie's its about 30 minutes (In Sacramento proper)...

18. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Calvin, is was great meeting you, and so many others along our journey.

Thanks for posting your video and pictures.

19. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

#19 Cottonwood, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Great seeing everyone in Green River and at the Beaver Supercharger Queue.

All stalls filled at Green River, but just pretend, because two stalls were down due to a bad Supercharger Cabinet. At least this was an overnight for the group and with some cooperation, all the cars were shuffled through the two working Supercharger Stalls:

Green River 20140715.JPG

Because St George is not done yet, and the need for a near 100% charge in Beaver to make it to Las Vegas, there was some queueing in Beaver, UT. It was all good natured and with the good weather it was an opportunity for some nice chats. It also gave me some time to break out the quad-copter and get some pics and video of the scene. That's my sig red queued up on the right and me in the shadows behind it operating the quad-copter.

Beaver Queue small.jpeg

20. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Fantastic to see these trip postings. Wish we could have fit the trip into our schedule.
    What do you use for the decals? I assume they come off without impacting the paint finish?