Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center - Saturdays!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attend whenever I can but have been out of town for the last few weeks. First in the BC2BC EV rally and at Teslive this week. I hope we have had some Teslas there, they usually draw a crowd

Exotics at Redmond Town Center

It looks like doing the Exotics show at Redmond Town Center is becoming my regular Saturday morning activity. Unfortunately, last 3 out of 4 weeks, my white Model S (with red emblems) has been the only Model S present. It would be great to see some more cars at the weekly show but we are in the middle of summer and a lot of folks are out of town. Still a lot of interest and it is great to be able to talk about our car and promote EV's, in general. Hope to see you there.

I will be at the show tomorrow, if any other Tesla owners want to stop by and say "Hello". A good chance this will be the last (or next to last) show until the Spring.
I was going to go but sleep was more attractive on that particular day. Any other Tesla owners keep you company? How was the crowd overall? Cold weather and all, I'm curious.

I was going to go but sleep was more attractive on that particular day. Any other Tesla owners keep you company? How was the crowd overall? Cold weather and all, I'm curious.

mjtgroup and his White Tesla are the ones that regularly represent for the Tesla fans that show up at the exotics@RTC car show. I did make it last week after missing several.

Weather was nice, but foggy and on the cold side. As you might expect attendance was significantly less then spring and summer shows that can get quite crowded.

But as usual, the people who did see the car had lots of questions and were happy that the Teslas were there.

Last edited:
Last Saturday was the first car show of the season at Redmond Town Center. Three Teslas were there. Two Model Ss and a Roadster My Model S and Roadster and mjtgroups's white tesla (though well accented in red, on hubs, back chrome, nose cone T, ...). Was a nice day with a huge turn out of cars (they parked in all spaces and down the middle of the parking aisles as well. And many more were turned away.

Even with increased awareness of Teslas and Electric Cars in general we still get lots of questions about the cars and going electric. It is a great place to have fun and help educate on the value of EVs

This week I will not be able to attend because I am attending the North Sound Electric Vehicle Association meeting to represent WEVA PAC. But I will be back on future Saturday's as I can, usually with my Roadster.

Stop by if you can, the more the merrier.

Last edited:
At Exotics at Redmond Town Center yesterday, the 2 Tesla Model S were assigned the "backlot" while almost every other car was directed to the Center Court to be displayed. In fairness, there were a handful of overflow Porches, Corvettes and a few other cars along side of us. It is unfortunate as this was a missed opportunity to talk about Tesla, the Model S and EVs. While we may not be considered to be exotic, we are certainly unique and we have always drawn large groups of people interested in the technology.

Last edited:
At Exotics at Redmond Town Center yesterday, the 2 Tesla Model S were assigned the "backlot" while almost every other car was directed to the Center Court to be displayed. In fairness, there were a handful of overflow Porches, Corvettes and a few other cars along side of us. It is unfortunate as this was a missed opportunity to talk about Tesla, the Model S and EVs. While we may not be considered to be exotic, we are certainly unique and we have always drawn large groups of people interested in the technology.

I was the other Model S there (the black one). I too was a bit miffed about not getting a seat on the Center Court. I totally understand they needed to leave room for all the Ferraris and Lambos that were continuing to roll in after 9:00a, but after the 4th Audi R8 was directed to the center court I went over to tell one of the event organizers that I thought they were really missing their audience's interest to not include at least one Model S in the mix there. I mean, really after the 3rd R8 didn't they have enough?

So, I said I was leaving too since I come there to talk to people and there was no one back in the "backlot" yet at 9:30 to talk to. Just as I was walking back to the car to leave a couple with two kids came over to look. I was more than happy to show them the car and let them take pictures of their two kids in the rear jump seats. They were thrilled. Then a few more people came over to look and ask questions. And then some more. And then there was a crowd.

Two hours later after talking non-stop to crowds of people, more than I could talk to, lots of photos, questions, and 3 people saying my Model S was their favorite car at the show I was glad I stuck it out. I asked people to go mention to the event organizers how much they liked seeing a Model S at the event. I know at least two walked over and did. Hopefully the Exotics organizers think better about including some Model S's in the mix next time.

I was the other Model S there (the black one). I too was a bit miffed about not getting a seat on the Center Court. I totally understand they needed to leave room for all the Ferraris and Lambos that were continuing to roll in after 9:00a, but after the 4th Audi R8 was directed to the center court I went over to tell one of the event organizers that I thought they were really missing their audience's interest to not include at least one Model S in the mix there. I mean, really after the 3rd R8 didn't they have enough?

So, I said I was leaving too since I come there to talk to people and there was no one back in the "backlot" yet at 9:30 to talk to. Just as I was walking back to the car to leave a couple with two kids came over to look. I was more than happy to show them the car and let them take pictures of their two kids in the rear jump seats. They were thrilled. Then a few more people came over to look and ask questions. And then some more. And then there was a crowd.

Two hours later after talking non-stop to crowds of people, more than I could talk to, lots of photos, questions, and 3 people saying my Model S was their favorite car at the show I was glad I stuck it out. I asked people to go mention to the event organizers how much they liked seeing a Model S at the event. I know at least two walked over and did. Hopefully the Exotics organizers think better about including some Model S's in the mix next time.

In my experience, seldom (if ever) have the Tesla's received a good location at the show, but invariably people find them and spend more time with them then any other cars.