Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Big Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it's just my thing for Eastern Europeans, but she sounded extremely knowledgeable and is very well spoken. Great interview. It's always the same cringe questions for the host though, but Josipa answered them like a champ.

What always drives me bonkers is that Tesla is not competing with the Bolt, or the Leaf, or any of Volvo's new hybrids or EVs -- as much as every interviewer thinks is the case. They're competing with cars in the same size/cost class at a much larger up front amount. That's the challenge. And that they are doing so well shows how great they are, and how much greater they will be in the future. I want to hear some other high-visibility figure say "Tesla is not competing with other EVs, they're competing with every-day ICE cars."

Maybe it's just my thing for Eastern Europeans, but she sounded extremely knowledgeable and is very well spoken. Great interview. It's always the same cringe questions for the host though, but Josipa answered them like a champ.

What always drives me bonkers is that Tesla is not competing with the Bolt, or the Leaf, or any of Volvo's new hybrids or EVs -- as much as every interviewer thinks is the case. They're competing with cars in the same size/cost class at a much larger up front amount. That's the challenge. And that they are doing so well shows how great they are, and how much greater they will be in the future. I want to hear some other high-visibility figure say "Tesla is not competing with other EVs, they're competing with every-day ICE cars."

Josipa rocks!

She an excellent speaker, and is one of the most knowledgeable persons in Canada about EVs and the upcoming transition period!

Josipa did an amazing job in that interview. Did she say she drives a Leaf? Someone give her a Tesla!

What I find encouraging with the recent news articles and interviews is that the host reporters are not ending their clips with the famous negative comments. I remember a few years ago when hybrids first came out the media seemed to always end their interviews with an "expert" telling us that we wouldn't be smart buying one because the fuel savings would never pay for the price difference.

Why did I read the comments?
Tesla provides first look at cheaper Model 3 sedan

Such vitriol and misinformation coming from the ill-informed. At least there's one person, Andrew, pushing back.

Yes. Thank you Andrew for spending your time fighting the misinformation! 439 comments on that story....
Important work, but probably not as rewarding as talking one on one with someone and letting them drive your car.
I will always remember my first drive in a Model S, thank you Piare! Now I really enjoy sharing that experience with others. I recently bumped into someone that I had let drive my car quite a while ago and he heartfully told me that it was one of the highlights of the year for him. It is certainly a lot easier to convince people of the benefits of electric drive with an actual demo.

Reactions: Jaff
Josipa did an amazing job in that interview. Did she say she drives a Leaf? Someone give her a Tesla!

What I find encouraging with the recent news articles and interviews is that the host reporters are not ending their clips with the famous negative comments. I remember a few years ago when hybrids first came out the media seemed to always end their interviews with an "expert" telling us that we wouldn't be smart buying one because the fuel savings would never pay for the price difference.

Yes. Thank you Andrew for spending your time fighting the misinformation! 439 comments on that story....
Important work, but probably not as rewarding as talking one on one with someone and letting them drive your car.
I will always remember my first drive in a Model S, thank you Piare! Now I really enjoy sharing that experience with others. I recently bumped into someone that I had let drive my car quite a while ago and he heartfully told me that it was one of the highlights of the year for him. It is certainly a lot easier to convince people of the benefits of electric drive with an actual demo.
I absolutely agree. I feel good knowing that I am responsible for at least one Model S and one Volt being bought in our little city.

Reactions: Spenny818
Another new article on CBC. I found this one slightly annoying because they talked about charging stations, as if they were all the same. By the map in the article it conflates level 1, 2, and 3 charging stations, and doesn't emphasize that mainly what is needed are level 3 stations for cross-country travel.

The electric vehicle revolution is coming, but is the infrastructure in place to maintain it?

I wish these reporters would bounce their news off an actual EV owner before opening their mouths. Regina is at the most almost 25 km wide and he thinks they need an infrastructure there? Like you said, we need level 3 chargers away from the main cities.

I would love to take these reporters on a Calgary - Vancouver trip to show them how fast and easy the Tesla supercharger highway is. If your reading this PM me and we could arrange one. But you buy lunch! ;)

Reactions: Jaff