Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's FSD Beta V11 Coming Soon - Bringing Major Improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla is expected to be releasing their single stack FSD Beta V11 in the coming weeks. We discuss the implications this may have for Tesla owners as well as FSD's development going forward.

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #31 The full podcast video is available here:

Just received my new Model 3 long range last week . The software version is 2022.44.100 V11. Telsafi shows that this version is so new that only a very few cars have it. Is this the V11 everyone is waiting for?
@Supcom answered your question, but note also that you won’t get FSD City Streets Beta unless you have the FSD option and you requested FSD Beta on the Controls > Autopilot screen in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Here is my experience on V11 in the last 2 weeks (as a consultant, not an employee).
Driven about 200 miles on it so far. Noticed a big improvement versus prior version, but yeah, still needs much improvement.

Finally handles the roundabouts in my area where in the past I would have to takeover. A little too fast for my taste but handles them ok.
Left turns not so jerky on the steering wheel and hesitates a bit too long with some left turns.

The numbered distance adjustments are gone (at least on my MX). When adjusting it, there is now a popup on the distance with (chill, average, aggressive) as you turn the stalk or scroll. And there is an optional button selection to make "minimal lane changes".

It still wastes too much energy by continuing to accelerate too long before needing to come to a stop thus wasting regen by using brake stops.
The stops are fairly smooth, yet happen too late. It should use more regen.

Sometimes I get a turn signal that last only about 2 seconds when there is no reason for the car to turn and no plan to do it.

Oddly, on one stretch of a two-lane road, it constantly wants to get in the left lane when in fact it will need to turn right in less than 1/2 mile. That road is too busy for me to let it make that change for me to figure out how it might later make the right turn, so I tell it to not change lanes.

Bigger text at the top of the screen informing me what it doing (example, stopping at stop sign, creeping for visibility, etc).

A wider solid blue line showing the route it is taking.

Maybe my imagination yet seems to show signal lights much farther down the road than previously.

TOO AGRESSIVE (fast) for me when it is in places like a mall parking lot and similar areas. This is after making a turn into those areas.

On both of our weekly trips to pig out at the Atlantis buffet, it got us there and back home without me needing to disconnect. That is a 16-mile trip via surface streets and interstate 80 changing to I580 and back onto surface streets again. Pretty impressive for a change, but of course your experience may not be as fun.

Other things I am forgetting at the moment.

Overall, the wife said for the first time that she actually likes what it did when with me on a couple trips.