Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Royal Pains had a Roadster on the show in 2009.

attachment.php?attachmentid=692&stc=1&d=1275683484.jpg

Not sure if this was mentinined before but on the reboot of Dallas one of the main characters drove a roadster. Also, just saw a promo for a VH1 or MTV show and Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys is driving one in a 2 sec shot.

Lots of Model S stuff in Wednesday's episodes of Extant.

1) Main baddie "disabling" his Tesla by unhooking some wires from a box mounted in the frunk's doghouse.
2) Sheriff getting a shotgun out of his Tesla police car's frunk.
3, 4,) Tesla County Sheriff car shots.
5) BMW i8 peeking at us on the right.
6) Sheriff going for donuts (note the retractable push-bar that's not in the other shots).

Extant.snapshot_01.03.54_[2014.08.28_23.31.42].jpg
Extant.snapshot_00.56.35_[2014.08.28_23.30.39].jpg
Extant.snapshot_00.56.13_[2014.08.28_23.29.53].jpg
Extant.snapshot_00.55.45_[2014.08.28_23.29.31].jpg
Extant.snapshot_00.51.51_[2014.08.28_23.28.56].jpg
Extant.snapshot_00.31.39_[2014.08.28_23.27.23].jpg

Last edited:
Oh, wow. I had totally missed the push bar! Nice :)

I do like the paint job/decal work they put on the police car. Plus here in the US as far as I am aware the police are required to have all their main squad cars be US made vehicles. So this is totally fitting to be a police car :D

Which then would mean lots of cheap ex-police Model S being bought by taxi firms.

Forgot the name of the movie... but saw the trailer and there was a short shot of a Model S from the side driving by taking up the entire screen.

Some kid with a hat is hired off the street for some operation.... its coming out soon and looks pretty good.

Forgot the name of the movie... but saw the trailer and there was a short shot of a Model S from the side driving by taking up the entire screen.

Some kid with a hat is hired off the street for some operation.... its coming out soon and looks pretty good.

I think it is called "Kingsman: The Secret Service" Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015) - IMDb.

1.07 into the trailer there is a quick glimpse of a Tesla.

So call me psychic, but this is a heads up to check out Fusion's "America with Jorge Ramos" tomorrow Tues Sept 9 at 7pm PT/10pm ET, they are going to air a feature story on Leilani Munter's Electric Route to the Racetrack in her Model S to Chicagoland Speedway and her PrairieGold Solar race car.

If you don't have Fusion, don't worry the piece will also be posted online and I will share that link as soon as I have it. http://fusion.net/america_with_jorge_ramos.

I have seen a rough cut and there are some AWESOME shots of the Tesla!