Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaVision versus our 100 Billion Brain Cells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got FSD 10.3.1 and am excited to give it a try later today. As a former professor of neuroscience, neuroanatomy, sensory perception, and brain chemistry, I frankly am super impressed that Elon and the Tesla Team have created a machine that is getting closer and closer to replicating the functionality of our 100 billion cell, brain. Not an easy task, I can assure you. My Model Y is not like the other German or Italian or Japanese cars that I have owned, but, it does things they never did and possibly never will do. So, I take my hat off to the Tesla Team today for pushing FSD 10.3.1 Beta to us. Together, the fleet will only make it better. The automotive world is becoming electric, only because Elon Musk had the courage and the strategic vision to make it happen. Congratulations!

I just got FSD 10.3.1 and am excited to give it a try later today. As a former professor of neuroscience, neuroanatomy, sensory perception, and brain chemistry, I frankly am super impressed that Elon and the Tesla Team have created a machine that is getting closer and closer to replicating the functionality of our 100 billion cell, brain. Not an easy task, I can assure you. My Model Y is not like the other German or Italian or Japanese cars that I have owned, but, it does things they never did and possibly never will do. So, I take my hat off to the Tesla Team today for pushing FSD 10.3.1 Beta to us. Together, the fleet will only make it better. The automotive world is becoming electric, only because Elon Musk had the courage and the strategic vision to make it happen. Congratulations!
Jeez, all those cells, and I still can't remember what I did last week 🤔

lol stop

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
You may need to edit your post after you actually drive with 10.3.1. It doesn't even come close to replicating a human brain, unless it is a brain of a moron. It's hard to understand why it does so many stupid, dangerous maneuvers.

You may need to edit your post after you actually drive with 10.3.1. It doesn't even come close to replicating a human brain, unless it is a brain of a moron. It's hard to understand why it does so many stupid, dangerous maneuvers.
I am sure you are correct that 10.3.1 does not come close to replicating the human brain. Absolutely sure. But, the Wright Brothers aircraft at Kitty Hawk looked nothing like a Space X Starship. We will get there, in my lifetime. I actually believe that FSD will benefit my 92 year old father who still drives, and my 24 year old daughter who is 4’ 9” and can not drive safely without significant artificial intelligence to assist her. Tesla’s work will bring increased mobility to many, some day. One day at a time. One software update at a time. As purchasers of FSD, we all of us, are investors in that amazing future.

...former professor of neuroscience, neuroanatomy, sensory perception, and brain chemistry, I frankly am super impressed...

Welcome to the world of machines. I too was so impressed and I bought in the pitch and didn't want to miss the boat when Elon Musk announced in 2016, and that's been 5 years ago:

• Funny
Reactions: FOOLSLFDRVNG
I am sure you are correct that 10.3.1 does not come close to replicating the human brain. Absolutely sure. But, the Wright Brothers aircraft at Kitty Hawk looked nothing like a Space X Starship. We will get there, in my lifetime. I actually believe that FSD will benefit my 92 year old father who still drives, and my 24 year old daughter who is 4’ 9” and can not drive safely without significant artificial intelligence to assist her. Tesla’s work will bring increased mobility to many, some day. One day at a time. One software update at a time. As purchasers of FSD, we all of us, are investors in that amazing future.
Well, maybe 10.3.1 does replicate the human brain. Have you ridden with a 15-year old learning to drive?
I did just come back from a 35 minute drive with 10.3.1. Frankly, it was better than I thought it would be. But, not 100 Billion Brain Cells Brilliant, yet.

Reactions: clydeiii and TresLA