Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaWyze

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Combine the Wyze Cam with an always-on hotspot, I can stream live footage from the car anywhere. The Wyze Cam v2 is not waterproof so I may have to upgrade to the v3 before the raining season starts.

1628297401091.png

Only advantage I see is that it can be streaming 24/7. Once tesla let's us view the sentry cams remotely, then not such a big deal.

Definitely a gimmick, but half the things tesla does are gimmicks and not practical.

Only advantage I see is that it can be streaming 24/7. Once tesla let's us view the sentry cams remotely, then not such a big deal.

Definitely a gimmick, but half the things tesla does are gimmicks and not practical.

you could do that with numerous LTE cams though, like the blackvue. i'm actually waiting for them to release an updated version before I grab one

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger
why reinvent the wheel? install a dashcam and call it a day. I don't see any benefit to having it installed in that location

I'm an engineer in the Bay Area. Reinventing (or trying to) the wheel is what I do... everyday. Some crazy, some not. :)

I think about $400 for front/rear
The Wyze Cam v2 with 32GB SD card is $10 from HomeDepot, the Mifi is free from t-mobile test drive ($30 on CL), wiring and USB adapter cost $20.
It comes with free cloud recording and it does a lot more for $1.25/month. I have a bunch of dashcams too but nothing comes close to the features of the Wyze Cam. Does your expensive dashcam do all these?

1628538645360.png

1628539035155.png

1628539111145.png

Last edited:
Reactions: richmich15