Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TesPlayer (Spotify Remote for Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I know there is another thread about TesPlayer but I wanted to make my own so I can keep the community up-to-date on the progress I am making with TesPlayer.

1.png

For those of you who don't know, TesPlayer is a no-nonsense Spotify remote for Tesla car browsers. It uses your phone to stream music to your car via the Spotify app, and is controlled completely via the Tesla web browser.

See here for awesome video demo

I am so excited that the community has embraced TesPlayer, yesterday we had a shocking 900 people use it! 60 people used it on both their commute both ways.

Thanks to some generous Patreons I will soon be adding Artists and Search views with more goals to reach.

Feedback is always welcome in this thread and in our /r/TesPlayer community.

I really just want to make something that every Spotify user can enjoy.

Want to give it a try? Questions? Check here first.

Hi Michael, I am getting a blank screen on my MX though it plays the playlist I choose from the iPhone. The laptop seems to work well. I did restart the MX console but didn't help. I tried to remove Tesplayer app from Spotify and tried still no good. Couldn't find anyone having this issue and faq. Please advise

Thanks
Ram

Michael, I messed it up on the beta site. I used wrong account (phone #) to logon (but the account is not active) but I cannot play anything though I see the albums. I tried to clear the cookies and used the right account yet it brings back the albums from the old account and does not play!

I don't get it, what phone number / e-mail are we supposed to use? The one Spotify knows? Or do we need to create another account somewhere? I won't do the latter.

I had the prior tesplayer working briefly but if it needs resetting this often it won't work for me. Really just wish Tesla would put it in the car so we don't need to use these workarounds.

I don't get it, what phone number / e-mail are we supposed to use? The one Spotify knows? Or do we need to create another account somewhere? I won't do the latter.

I had the prior tesplayer working briefly but if it needs resetting this often it won't work for me. Really just wish Tesla would put it in the car so we don't need to use these workarounds.
You type in phone or email and it automatically creates a TesPlayer account.

I can add an anonymous login button just haven’t done it yet.

I've tried logging into my Spotify account when setting up Tesplayer but it keeps saying incorrect login. Any suggestions?
Hey. The first login is your TesPlayer account. You may have accidentally setup one and don’t know your password or typing the wrong one.

If you send me what email you use via DM I can delete your account and you can set it up again.

You login with Spotify after you login in TesPlayer

Hey. The first login is your TesPlayer account. You may have accidentally setup one and don’t know your password or typing the wrong one.

If you send me what email you use via DM I can delete your account and you can set it up again.

You login with Spotify after you login in TesPlayer
Hi! I created a TesPlayer account and after that it asked me to login to my Spotify account. That's where I get the error. I tried creating one for my girlfriends account and it gives me the same error. Do you know if the login is case sensitive? I'm not sure why but when I type the password it seems to type it in all caps. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Any progress on adding search or browse? Thanks!

Hi! I created a TesPlayer account and after that it asked me to login to my Spotify account. That's where I get the error. I tried creating one for my girlfriends account and it gives me the same error. Do you know if the login is case sensitive? I'm not sure why but when I type the password it seems to type it in all caps. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Any progress on adding search or browse? Thanks!
If you press shift to capitalize a letter you must click to unshift after.

Hi, I've been using Tesplayer for 2 months now and it works pretty well. The beta version.
I have sometime a strange behaviour, maybe someone could explain.
Let's say I'm listening a playlist on my iPhone and the waiting list contains only the content of this playlist.
I go in my model3 and activate Tesplayer on the browser. The first playlist on Tesplayer is different of the one currently on my iphone.
It seems that this playlist is inserted after the playing song, in the middle of the waiting list.
Very strange !!!!
Anyone has the same problem ??

Hey all,

I know there is another thread about TesPlayer but I wanted to make my own so I can keep the community up-to-date on the progress I am making with TesPlayer.

1.png

For those of you who don't know, TesPlayer is a no-nonsense Spotify remote for Tesla car browsers. It uses your phone to stream music to your car via the Spotify app, and is controlled completely via the Tesla web browser.

See here for awesome video demo

I am so excited that the community has embraced TesPlayer, yesterday we had a shocking 900 people use it! 60 people used it on both their commute both ways.

Thanks to some generous Patreons I will soon be adding Artists and Search views with more goals to reach.

Feedback is always welcome in this thread and in our /r/TesPlayer community.

I really just want to make something that every Spotify user can enjoy.

Want to give it a try? Questions? Check here first.
This works beautifully! I was in a slight panic when I realized I couldn't run my iPod through the Tesla M3 system. I was't much of a Spotify user before, but now I'm hooked. Thank you for making it so easy! :)