Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tessie App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Anyone else tried this? Can't see any mention of it on here. Available on Android and iOS.

Seems like a nice user interface with the same detailed analytics as TeslaFi. Price is the same too, though you do get a 2 week free trial.

Has lots of info, voice commands using Alexa/Siri/Google and scheduling using either Google Assistant Routines or Shortcuts. Good info on drives, charging, drain while parked, etc.

You can import all your TeslaFi info too.

Scheduling isn't as simple as TeslaFi but once you've got it set up, the user interface is better day to day IMO.

Think I'll be switching to this as it's better then the Tesla App and TeslaFi as an all in one replacement for both.

Attachments

• IMG_20210705_222652.jpg
    IMG_20210705_222652.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,518
  • Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-45-136_io.tessie.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-45-136_io.tessie.app.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,428
  • Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-37-495_io.tessie.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-37-495_io.tessie.app.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-19-59-505_io.tessie.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-19-59-505_io.tessie.app.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,183
  • Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-28-07-706_io.tessie.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-28-07-706_io.tessie.app.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-29-171_io.tessie.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-05-22-21-29-171_io.tessie.app.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,412
Reactions: NATO
I am in a trial right now with Tessie, I prefer over TeslaFI for the features mentioned here (siri integration, shortcuts, dedicated app). The only thing it doesn't have is tagging so I can keep track of business mileage, but apparently that is coming (as is a web interface). I tried Teslamate in the past but don't want to manage the hardware, software updates etc so hosted is a better option for me.

Tessie is also cheaper if you have more than one Tesla, since one subscription works with all the cars in your Tesla account. TeslaFI requires a separate subscription for each car.

Reactions: BMWM3Man and Nick77
I'd like to try Teslamate but I don't have a PC or Pi running 24/7.

If I could do it on my phone that'd be great as that's on all the time.
I would as well, but couldn't get docker (and TeslaMate) to work on my Raspberry PI 4 (8GB). Kept getting a "No public Key" error when running the install script. There doesn't seem to exist a simple set of installation instructions (that work)!

I would as well, but couldn't get docker (and TeslaMate) to work on my Raspberry PI 4 (8GB). Kept getting a "No public Key" error when running the install script. There doesn't seem to exist a simple set of installation instructions (that work)!
The teslamate docs give a simple install procedure using docker-compose. You just need to create the docker-compose.yml file as laid out here and run
Code:
docker-compose up -d

If you want an even easier starting point (avoiding the 5-6 pre-reqs to getting docker installed on the default pi os) you can use hypriotOS instead as that's all ready to run out of the box.

The teslamate docs give a simple install procedure using docker-compose. You just need to create the docker-compose.yml file as laid out here and run
Code:
docker-compose up -d
@Bobly Yes, those are the instructions I used. Per those instructions, I first started with this The first step, loading docker, returns a Public Key error. If I ignore that or reboot and continue on, when I run the docker “Hello-world” it doesn’t run (docker not found).

Nope, just plain Jane raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian)

what’s the easiest way to wipe all prior attempts and start fresh?

hmm. i know it used to be a pain on ubuntu and there are definitely a few hoops that I remember from raspbian, but don't have a spare to check right now for you. If you're not using the pi for anything else try flashing to hypriot it's mainly focused on running docker on pi, so squeezes a little more performance out and comes with everything setup for you by default.

hmm. i know it used to be a pain on ubuntu and there are definitely a few hoops that I remember from raspbian, but don't have a spare to check right now for you. If you're not using the pi for anything else try flashing to hypriot it's mainly focused on running docker on pi, so squeezes a little more performance out and comes with everything setup for you by default.
@Bobly. Thanks. I do like using the desktop part of Raspbian OS. I assume I lose that with Hypriot, yes?