Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TEWAMO - Tesla Wallbox Monitor App for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Introducing TEWAMO - TEsla WAllbox MOnitor app for Android.

Free and without adds.

Screenshot_20230116_113627.jpg

Screenshot_20230116_113632.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_113608.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_113608.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Screenshot_2023.01.16_11.51.58.796.png
    Screenshot_2023.01.16_11.51.58.796.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2023.01.16_11.52.07.979.png
    Screenshot_2023.01.16_11.52.07.979.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 97
Thank you for writing and publishing this! I installed and it's working well.

Here are some very minor issues I see so far:
  1. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Fold 4, so when it is unfolded, the large inner screen aspect is wide, roughly square. In this mode, the app Home screen does not show the Current Session headng or data at the bottom. If I fold the phone and use the rectangular outer screen, everything shows up as in your example screenshot.
  2. I see that the temperature units of Celsius vs Fahrenheit are selected based on the choice of Deutsch or English. This works fine for most Americans like me. However, I assume that people in other countries may wish to have English with Celsius temperature readouts.
  3. The heading "Relai Voltage" should be "Relay Voltage", and "MAC Adress" should be "MAC Address"
Again, these are very small issues and I appreciate the effort and knowledge for you to create this app!

Reactions: MeEr
Thank you for your comment, can you please send me some screenshots, unfortunately I have not an Fold4.
#2 and #3 are already in work.
No problem. Rather than conduct a troubleshooting conversation in the main forum, I sent you a private message with screenshots and comments, through the TMC messaging function. But I see that you're a new user, so in case you're unable to reply, I included my email address.

Good luck and we'll communicate further.

Free and without adds.

View attachment 900964

View attachment 900965

Free and without adds.

View attachment 900964

View attachment 900965
No English even if English option is on.
Each time when accessing the wallbox need to change to wallbox wifi.

No English even if English option is on.
Each time when accessing the wallbox need to change to wallbox wifi.
First, I'm not seeing the problem of having to reselect English. I did notice that it may take one or two refresh cycles, closing and reopening the app, for all of the fields to update after the language selection. He probably needs to write a centralized refresh routine and trigger it as a callback from every action on the Settings page Also, the labeling of the language selection switch is somewhat counterintuitive. Whenever a toggle switch is labeled with one of the choices, it's unclear whether that means the present setting, or the setting you will get if you move the switch. The Tesla UI and app has this same confusion in several places, like where the lock/unlock icon appears. If it shows the unlocked symbol, does that mean it's unlocked now, or it will be unlocked if you touch it? It's always a problem for me!

Second, there may be some confusion with the IP address. You should not enter the wall connector IP used for installation or reconfiguration on its own network SSID. The app needs the IP address that is used for the HPWC to stay in touch with the home network. If you look at a network map or the connected device list for your router, assuming it's on your home network normally, that is the IP address you give the Tewamo app.

Last edited:
Hi @MeEr

I pointed an Australian Android user to your app just now and they told me it came up with this message when they tried to install it from the Google Play store: "This item is not available in your country"

Could you please enable it for download for Australian users, thanks.

Not sure if it does or not, but can you confirm if it does keep the historical record?
can you somehow add the import/export option to csv too, just for a backup
I would suggest `Cost/kWh` rather than `Cent/kWh` as not every country uses cents. That might lead to 0.30 as a field rather than 30 though. Dunno. Localisation! :D

@shyboy
The Wallbox stores the last charge session, only kWh. The app calculates then with the given settings the costs.

@randompixel
Already implemented, coming in the next update. You can write your currency with maximum 3 chars or the symbol of your currency. 👍

Screenshot-2023-02-15-200139.jpg

Try to restart the app if the IP is correct it should connect immediately.
You can also long click on the wallbox picture, then it will search the wallbox IP in the range of 1 to 127.
It is important that you are in the same local range as the wallbox.

Can you explain what the 3 temperature readings are?
I assume Handle Temp is the temperature at the handle that plugs into the car, but what are PCB and MCU Temps?

Thanks, and it's a nice app!
The PCB temp is most likely the temperature read at the Printed Circuit Board in the HPWC base. There's a little infrared eye pointed at the power connector block(where the house wiring meets the HPWC base), to make sure the connection isn't overheating.