Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a S90D on Saturday and got an email from my DS (who apparently immediately left until next Monday after sending it), so I can't ask her.

I was able to change my preferred delivery time until August by calling California, but I have a few questions for people who have been through the Texas dance.

As I understand the process, I pay the final invoice, they send me some California paperwork (I presume by FEDEX), I send it back (notarized?), they ship,in my case, to Austin, they do the state inspection, I take delivery, I go get Texas Tags.

How long does the paperwork dance take and how far in advance to my desired delivery? I have a 10 day desired delivery time frame in mid August where I can take delivery between two out of state trips.

How does the trade in process work in Texas with having to pay off the invoice before an unstated delivery date?

Thanks

I took delivery in Houston on March 26th. I sent final payment on March 15th, and I believe I received the paperwork for signature via Fedex around March 21st. No need to have this notarized. I cannot remember exactly when I got the final California paperwork back, but it was after delivery. You have 30 days from delivery to get your Texas tags, and I received mine in plenty of time to do that.

I did not do a trade-in with Tesla, so can't comment on that. Tesla sent someone out to do an appraisal of the car to make their offer, but Carmax offered me $1500 more than Tesla which exceeded the sales tax savings.

Reactions: Jagwease