Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea its bad.... I saw Sandy's video... hope he's right.

I'm at the service center now for the AC issue, Badges, and some delivery issues. Initial diagnosis is it's "Normal". I'm still arguing it. Here is my Wife's quite Model Y vs my Model Y. Difference is significant.

My Model Y - Heat Pump
IMG_1527 (1).MOV
IMG_1499.MOV

Wife's Model Y - Heat Pump
IMG_1483.MOV

Wow! Thanks for posting the videos! There is a big difference! Keep us posted on what they say. Question, you mentioned they are addressing other issues as well. What about “Badges”? Are they adding the Model Y badge?

Hector

Well... on the sound they did acknowledge there was a difference. They said Tesla is aware of some sound issues and it would be fixed in a future firmware which is their usual BS fix. I argued that both my Y's are on the exact same firmware. Left it at they will follow up with me when there is a fix. I'll bring it to their attention in a few weeks and see.

I got a performance without PUP. When the car was delivered it was missing the performance badge and spoiler.

Quick question for you guys (who are in Texas): For Texas Temp. Tag - DMV website, it requires me to mount the temp tag at the rear windshield. However, as you know, the model Y rear windshield is pretty dark with factory tint (also I just had ceramic tint installed as well), so the tag is not really easy to see from outside of the car. Would it be OK if I just laminate the tag and put at rear license plate spot instead? (I'm worry about this since I go through tolls a lot, and afraid that the tolls' cameras can't capture the tag when it's sticked at rear windshield).

Quick question for you guys (who are in Texas): For Texas Temp. Tag - DMV website, it requires me to mount the temp tag at the rear windshield. However, as you know, the model Y rear windshield is pretty dark with factory tint (also I just had ceramic tint installed as well), so the tag is not really easy to see from outside of the car. Would it be OK if I just laminate the tag and put at rear license plate spot instead? (I'm worry about this since I go through tolls a lot, and afraid that the tolls' cameras can't capture the tag when it's sticked at rear windshield).
I don't see why not. They taped my tag onto the rear glass, and I've just left it. Was followed by a State Patrol trooper for 15 minutes the other day with no drama...

I’ve relocated ours to the traditional LP area with no issues on our Tesla’s.

I wonder which one of you fine folks snatched our VIN match that disappeared after 3 days active. Lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Quick update on things.

Model Y - Stealth P w/ Inductions

Just got my car back from Gulf Coast Auto Shield. Had Feynlab Heal Lite, XPEL Prime XR 30, and XPEL Ultimate Plus (Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights only) applied to the car. If you are in the Houston area and are looking for a place to get some things done, John @ GC Auto Shield is the guy to talk to. The XPEL Prime XR 30 is a fairly close match to the factory tint but not as close as 3M Ceramic IR.

Tesla fixed all issues on my car except the heat pump sound.... still fighting with them on this one.

The wife's Y is currently at the Tesla SC. They had to order a few extra parts, some of which they broke/scratched while repairing the original list of issues. Car will be with them for another week while they wait for the extra parts to come in.

Quick update on things.

Model Y - Stealth P w/ Inductions

Just got my car back from Gulf Coast Auto Shield. Had Feynlab Heal Lite, XPEL Prime XR 30, and XPEL Ultimate Plus (Bumper, Mirrors, Headlights only) applied to the car. If you are in the Houston area and are looking for a place to get some things done, John @ GC Auto Shield is the guy to talk to. The XPEL Prime XR 30 is a fairly close match to the factory tint but not as close as 3M Ceramic IR.

Tesla fixed all issues on my car except the heat pump sound.... still fighting with them on this one.

The wife's Y is currently at the Tesla SC. They had to order a few extra parts, some of which they broke/scratched while repairing the original list of issues. Car will be with them for another week while they wait for the extra parts to come in.

Hi Ergela, I have a quick question: how do you get Tesla fix your car's issues after delivery? I tried to book appointment with them through app and phone call, but they say my issues are "non-essential" at this time and push my appointment out to May 2020 for coming in.

Hi Ergela, I have a quick question: how do you get Tesla fix your car's issues after delivery? I tried to book appointment with them through app and phone call, but they say my issues are "non-essential" at this time and push my appointment out to May 2020 for coming in.

If you took delivery and noted all the issues at the time of delivery, all I had to do is make an appointment in the app and put "Address Delivery Issues" as the problem. They then ordered parts and rescheduled my service based on the arrival of the parts.

Yesterday I actually laminated my team license plate. I taped it to a manila folder using shipping tape and put it on the rear license plate. All good.

If you took delivery and noted all the issues at the time of delivery, all I had to do is make an appointment in the app and put "Address Delivery Issues" as the problem. They then ordered parts and rescheduled my service based on the arrival of the parts.

Thank you, I will try again. I had the appointment on the app, and right now they pushed me to 05/11, I will update the description as you advised and update the appointment date to see what they gonna say.

What items did they have to address on your car, if I may ask?

Took delivery two weeks ago yesterday. Paid outright. Temp tags came with the car, two sets of a month each, and we are good to go until 24 May with them. No title packet yet, but not surprised given everything. Will give them a bit to let stuff play out given the weirdness...

SS

Packet arrived this morning...

IMG_20200416_111826~2.jpg

SS

Reactions: KRG21
Thank you, I will try again. I had the appointment on the app, and right now they pushed me to 05/11, I will update the description as you advised and update the appointment date to see what they gonna say.

What items did they have to address on your car, if I may ask?

• Panels realigned
  • Paint touch ups (they offered to repaint but the touch up turned out fine)
  • Install P Badge and Spoiler
  • Replaced Drivers and Center Rear Seat Back Panels with newest revision B (PN 1493919-90-B and 1493924-90-B)
  • Heatpump Noise (not fixed)

View attachment 532986

SS

Mine just arrived too!!! Now just need DPS to open.

• Panels realigned
  • Paint touch ups (they offered to repaint but the touch up turned out fine)
  • Install P Badge and Spoiler
  • Replaced Drivers and Center Rear Seat Back Panels with newest revision B (PN 1493919-90-B and 1493924-90-B)
  • Heatpump Noise (not fixed)

Mine just arrived too!!! Now just need DPS to open.
Actually, DPS doesn't take care of the registration. It is the DMV and in Austin, they are open with limited personnel. It will take longer but they are processing new registrations!

Same for WILCO, but it's all done by mail or drop-off vice face-to-face. I called them this morning after the packet arrived. You can call and get the exact amount to write the check for. Offices are "closed" to outside customers until everything gets lifted, but they are still working through stuff. We may go that route or just wait, given the Governor's 60-day grace period for all vehicle stuff once this all passes and everything gets back to "normal".

SS

Has anyone taken delivery in the Houston area in recent days or weeks? I'm waiting for VIN assignment and don't know if we have stopped getting deliveries or what? Out of boredom I've driven by the two delivery centers we have here to see if there are any Ys sitting around but all they seem to have is older vehicles getting serviced. I saw a couple 3s that looked like deliveries but that is it.

Has anyone taken delivery in the Houston area in recent days or weeks? I'm waiting for VIN assignment and don't know if we have stopped getting deliveries or what? Out of boredom I've driven by the two delivery centers we have here to see if there are any Ys sitting around but all they seem to have is older vehicles getting serviced. I saw a couple 3s that looked like deliveries but that is it.
I took delivery on the 27th. As far as I know they are delivering, but because the factory is not running, there is probably not much to actually deliver.

View attachment 532986

SS

Mine arrived today. Signed and ready to go to my County Tax Assessor-Collector office for paying tax and collecting license plate.

Quick question: I need to do the $7 safety inspection before being able to get the license plate right? that's what I recalled when I did for my wife's model 3 recently (did at Jiffy Lube, in and out in about 10 minutes)...

Mine arrived today. Signed and ready to go to my County Tax Assessor-Collector office for paying tax and collecting license plate.

Quick question: I need to do the $7 safety inspection before being able to get the license plate right? that's what I recalled when I did for my wife's model 3 recently (did at Jiffy Lube, in and out in about 10 minutes)...
Ours was done by Pond Springs SC before delivery. Check your docs that they gave you with the car. Ours was in there with the extra temp plate for May...

IMG_20200417_144311.jpg

Might save you the trip and a Double Whataburger! Good luck!

Last edited: