Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, when I put in my order for a MY, I did not have the option to go through my referral code (when I tried, only options were MS, MX & M3). I did anyways and thought; I will mend it later, maybe have it done by. Tesla CS at time of delivery.
Then I read that such a thing cannot be done after order is entered. this way I loose 3000 Km (Im in Canada) free charge and chances of winning a Tesla.
In my eyes, this is very bad on Tesla, especially towards a return customer (MX owner). What do you think?

3 weeks? 3 months minimum and more likely 6 months. Not sure Tesla will be able to survive this.

Cool, let's speculate wildly. There are very few businesses that would survive being closed 3-6 months. The current order is until April 7th I believe, and there is a chance that it could be extended until end of April. But until anything is announced, why spread misinformation?

These folks are excited to receive their cars, there's no need to shut that down, especially now. Either way, super stoked for you guys and hope the deliveries make their way to you!

Cool, let's speculate wildly. There are very few businesses that would survive being closed 3-6 months. The current order is until April 7th I believe, and there is a chance that it could be extended until end of April. But until anything is announced, why spread misinformation?

These folks are excited to receive their cars, there's no need to shut that down, especially now. Either way, super stoked for you guys and hope the deliveries make their way to you!
Well said!

So, when I put in my order for a MY, I did not have the option to go through my referral code (when I tried, only options were MS, MX & M3). I did anyways and thought; I will mend it later, maybe have it done by. Tesla CS at time of delivery.
Then I read that such a thing cannot be done after order is entered. this way I loose 3000 Km (Im in Canada) free charge and chances of winning a Tesla.
In my eyes, this is very bad on Tesla, especially towards a return customer (MX owner). What do you think?

I believe for some time now referrals have not been available on the new models early on when demand is high. The same was/is true on the cybertruck pre-orders.

That is correct. I was trying to use a friend's referral code for my model Y order was told that by a Tesla representative. Tesla doesn't need to drive sales to something this new, so they don't support referrals for the Y at this time. I am going to bring it back up once I talk to the delivery coordinator as I would like to see my friend get some credit for promoting Tesla products.

MY P without upgrades (19"), MSM
E-mailed about delivery date availability in late Feb.
Completed payment, on insurance screen waiting for VIN since first week of March.
Been in contact with Delivery Adviser, says just waiting for VIN.
Houston, TX