Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model 3 Count per TxDOT / NCTCOG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
According to Texas Department of Transportation data collected by North Central Texas Council of Governments, there are three Model 3s registered in North Texas. Thirteen across the state.

Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities

Oh...

4876 Teslas of all types, according to their data. Chargepoint occasionally published data that suggests twice as many Texas Teslas, but we don't know their data source.

I know there is a blue one in Round Rock. I was graciously allowed to drive it by the Tesla Energy (former Solar City) employee.
Saw that one charging at Rudys just up the road from home a week or so back.
Also saw a grey one while driving home and of course the first white one.
Each time I see one from the rear I think "oh, there's a Tesla" before realizing its a 3

Note to other Austin area Model 3 owners - if you see a Leaf drive by with its driver waving and grinning, that's me :)

Spotted this couple of weeks ago at Austin SC:

It belonged to Tesla employee who graciously allowed me to take a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3326.JPG
    IMG_3326.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3326.JPG
    IMG_3326.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Saw that one charging at Rudys just up the road from home a week or so back.
Also saw a grey one while driving home and of course the first white one.
Each time I see one from the rear I think "oh, there's a Tesla" before realizing its a 3

Note to other Austin area Model 3 owners - if you see a Leaf drive by with its driver waving and grinning, that's me :)
Yes, that is the same one as I saw him at Rudy's as well. Nice gentleman, former LEAF owner. I didn't really want to be "that guy" and come up and ask a million questions and take tons of pictures, but being my first sighting, I couldn't resist and had to stop, but was going to keep it brief. I was very polite and just wanted a quick look and possibly sit in it, but next think you know he is taking me for a test drive. He then asks if I wanted to drive it, so I couldn't possibly turn that down! Probably spent about 45 minutes to an hour chatting. Definitely made me more anxious to get mine.

BTW, we must live pretty close to one another. I'm not far from that Rudy's as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths before. If you see a blue Audi TT, that's me. I'll be on the lookout for a LEAF! :D

• Love
Reactions: Dr. J
One is owned by a Tesla employee at the Dallas SC. He was showing it off to some other owners who were dropping off (or picking up) their vehicles and I just happened to be lucky to get to see it as well. Its blue and he had it delivered at the end of December 2017.