Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nooooooo!
My 8/2 delivery is pushed to 8/8 as the car is not moving towards the service center.
Mine must be in the same parking lot as yours - supposedly arrived and off-loaded at train terminal in Arkansas this week just waiting on a truck for auto transport to get it to Austin. My Saturday appointment still shows in my account page but I'm supposed to get a verbal update tomorrow. I'm expecting a delay.

Sorta related...been enjoying my AWD LR MSM/White interior for a couple of weeks now. Several dings/issues that I am taking into the shop for next week but nothing major.

Registration - I got the forms in the mail. With our 3, the forms came with a pre-addressed Fedex envelope I could just sign, put everything into, and ship back out. Boom. This round, the cover letter says *I* need to take it into the office. How does that even work nowadays? I think I saw on the DMV web site that registrations are suspended? What happens when my paper plates expire? I am so confused!!

Mine must be in the same parking lot as yours - supposedly arrived and off-loaded at train terminal in Arkansas this week just waiting on a truck for auto transport to get it to Austin. My Saturday appointment still shows in my account page but I'm supposed to get a verbal update tomorrow. I'm expecting a delay.
Nooooooo!
My 8/2 delivery is pushed to 8/8 as the car is not moving towards the service center.

Update:
- Initially I got a text message stating date change from 8/2 to 8/8
- Date on my page changed states 8/7
- VIN is now also now gone

Sorta related...been enjoying my AWD LR MSM/White interior for a couple of weeks now. Several dings/issues that I am taking into the shop for next week but nothing major.

Registration - I got the forms in the mail. With our 3, the forms came with a pre-addressed Fedex envelope I could just sign, put everything into, and ship back out. Boom. This round, the cover letter says *I* need to take it into the office. How does that even work nowadays? I think I saw on the DMV web site that registrations are suspended? What happens when my paper plates expire? I am so confused!!
Check operating hours with your local tax assessor office - ours (Williamson County) is open on reduced hours.

Does anyone know if it's possible to reject delivery on a Y in Texas? Has anyone actually rejected delivery, gotten back in the queue and received another Y?

I know that you have to "accept delivery" for the car to unlock to check out the inside. My question is whether you can reject delivery before "accepting" in the app. Or are things different in Texas because of the dealer laws?

I previously had a Y that I returned. I want to give it another shot but would rather reject at delivery this time instead of dealing with the return process, which has taken forever.

94FA8205-5F6C-499F-B986-C55243D0CA99.jpeg
3510A3BD-9EED-4060-9BB7-CFEA8EDB5240.jpeg
181 Days of reservation purgatory finally came to an end today.

BEAUTIFUL car. Build quality is great! No panel gaps, coat hooks worked, trunk aligned nicely, rear seats aligned correctly. If I really wanted to nitpick I could say the frunk may be ever so slightly misaligned, but you really have to look for it.

The only issue I found was the vanity mirror on the driver side had some scratches.

Wonderful car.