Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 571108 View attachment 571107 181 Days of reservation purgatory finally came to an end today.

BEAUTIFUL car. Build quality is great! No panel gaps, coat hooks worked, trunk aligned nicely, rear seats aligned correctly. If I really wanted to nitpick I could say the frunk may be ever so slightly misaligned, but you really have to look for it.

The only issue I found was the vanity mirror on the driver side had some scratches.

Wonderful car.
Triplets, same specs over here as well.

Houston Nt. could have just shipped them together.

I think we ordered around the same time as well. I reserved in Feb. right when the deposit dropped to $100.

I ordered my MY LR on the 18th of July and have still not gotten a VIN or a Delivery Date. I an bit frustrated that on other states the Order to VIN wait time is less than 10 days.

I waited 4 months from my order to delivery. A few days or a week more than other states that probably don't have to deal with the same issues as delivery in Texas should not frustrate you. Be patient... :)

Reactions: theganjaguru
Triplets, same specs over here as well.

Houston Nt. could have just shipped them together.

I think we ordered around the same time as well. I reserved in Feb. right when the deposit dropped to $100.

Soon my friend soon. I’m sure you’re get a solid ride. The part for me that made the wait worth it was the 3k price drop.

4 white and 2 black at Houston N. I was the only blue. I’m sure yours will be up soon.

Reactions: Lubena95
Harris county, at least the one near me, is completely closed. They say to go online but all I find is registration renewal info.

Their website states:
The Harris County Tax Office is open for in-person appointments in the Automobile Services and Property Tax Departments.
Automobile Services appointments are available for residents with extenuating circumstances by request at [email protected].

I’m going to claim extenuating circumstances, will let you know how it goes.

Did anyone reach out to their delivery center/advisor for tracking information and get an updated delivery date?

this is purely an impatient question, but I wanted to see if anyone had tried reaching out just to ensure their scheduled delivery date was on time only for the rep to realize that maybe the car was coming in sooner I was already there.

If you didn’t call you would be waiting till your delivery date, but since you called it moved the date up (or back)

Did anyone reach out to their delivery center/advisor for tracking information and get an updated delivery date?

this is purely an impatient question, but I wanted to see if anyone had tried reaching out just to ensure their scheduled delivery date was on time only for the rep to realize that maybe the car was coming in sooner I was already there.

If you didn’t call you would be waiting till your delivery date, but since you called it moved the date up (or back)

I haven't had any communication from the delivery center at all. Have you? I assume you're going through the Dallas location as well.

The last communication I had was with the Vegas delivery advisor (this Tuesday), and she said the car should be in by yesterday (7/31). I drove by last night and didn't see my car, so not sure if it arrived on time. My delivery is still scheduled for this weekend and I haven't received anything saying otherwise...but I've also not received any confirmation from anyone local. I'll probably call later today if I don't hear anything.

Is it common to not be contacted by the delivery center prior to your appointment to confirm?

I haven't had any communication from the delivery center at all. Have you? I assume you're going through the Dallas location as well.

The last communication I had was with the Vegas delivery advisor (this Tuesday), and she said the car should be in by yesterday (7/31). I drove by last night and didn't see my car, so not sure if it arrived on time. My delivery is still scheduled for this weekend and I haven't received anything saying otherwise...but I've also not received any confirmation from anyone local. I'll probably call later today if I don't hear anything.

Is it common to not be contacted by the delivery center prior to your appointment to confirm?
I think each delivery center operate according to their own "rules". I was scheduled for 1:00 pm yesterday. I received formal notification yesterday at 12:15 via email and text message that car was still in transit from Arkansas and that the delivery was changed to 1:00 pm on Tuesday...but maybe earlier and they would notify me.

I think each delivery center operate according to their own "rules". I was scheduled for 1:00 pm yesterday. I received formal notification yesterday at 12:15 via email and text message that car was still in transit from Arkansas and that the delivery was changed to 1:00 pm on Tuesday...but maybe earlier and they would notify me.

Was that the first communication you had from them?...45 mins before your scheduled delivery? Talk about last minute lol. Sucks for those that live far and need to make plans in advance. Luckily I live down the street from mine.

I am going to the Dallas location but I haven’t heard anything. The person in Vegas was adamant that I would have my car within a week, and that was a week ago. The Dallas location scheduled me out for August 7 but even they said it’s just a placeholder and it could be sooner but it could also be later. I haven’t heard anything in about a weeks time

• Informative
Reactions: KRG21
I took my own advice and emailed my advisor asking if we were on track for an August 7 delivery.

he called me back and stated the car was in transit and they expect it to arrive middle of the week. Stated that if they can get me in the car sooner they would let me know but for now the 8/7 delivery date stands.

How the hell do I get through waiting this entire week??!

I took my own advice and emailed my advisor asking if we were on track for an August 7 delivery.

he called me back and stated the car was in transit and they expect it to arrive middle of the week. Stated that if they can get me in the car sooner they would let me know but for now the 8/7 delivery date stands.

How the hell do I get through waiting this entire week??!

Haha..I know the feeling. I originally almost bought a Model S years ago but went another route. Next I ordered a Model 3 on launch night but again went a different route at the last minute (decided I wanted a crossover). Lastly, I originally ordered a Model Y on launch night but it's been on hold for a bit as I still had a leased car to get rid of and I wanted to let some of the production kinks get worked out. So it's been a long time coming for me. I've had so many cool, fancy cars but i'm most excited for this one.

Their website states:
The Harris County Tax Office is open for in-person appointments in the Automobile Services and Property Tax Departments.
Automobile Services appointments are available for residents with extenuating circumstances by request at [email protected].

I’m going to claim extenuating circumstances, will let you know how it goes.

keep me posted! I emailed and I received a precanned response with instructions how to register a used vehicle. Honestly the way Tesla just dropped this in my lap is total BS. It wasn’t the case for our 3.

Registration - I got the forms in the mail. With our 3, the forms came with a pre-addressed Fedex envelope I could just sign, put everything into, and ship back out. Boom. This round, the cover letter says *I* need to take it into the office. How does that even work nowadays? I think I saw on the DMV web site that registrations are suspended? What happens when my paper plates expire? I am so confused!!
Check with your county Tax Assessor/Collector, *NOT* the DMV.

In Dallas, the offices are open with social distancing. The line was outside around the building, but the security guard said it would be about two hours, and it was.... it moved fast. You can speed things up by having all the paperwork ready to go. (I seem to remember Tesla provided everything except the proof of insurance... but I don't remember.. check the required forms on their web page). I needed to write a check for about $3300 in taxes.

I also heard that due to a backlog, temp plates no longer expire (well, you won't get ticketed for it). I think you can also request/print new temp plates on the web. Those rules are in place until 60 days after the Governor says they don't, that hasn't happened yet. I didn't try either option as I waited in line before they expired. BTW, if you have questions, just call the Tax office, in Dallas they answered the phone and my questions.

Check with your county Tax Assessor/Collector, *NOT* the DMV.

In Dallas, the offices are open with social distancing. The line was outside around the building, but the security guard said it would be about two hours, and it was.... it moved fast. You can speed things up by having all the paperwork ready to go. (I seem to remember Tesla provided everything except the proof of insurance... but I don't remember.. check the required forms on their web page). I needed to write a check for about $3300 in taxes.

I also heard that due to a backlog, temp plates no longer expire (well, you won't get ticketed for it). I think you can also request/print new temp plates on the web. Those rules are in place until 60 days after the Governor says they don't, that hasn't happened yet. I didn't try either option as I waited in line before they expired. BTW, if you have questions, just call the Tax office, in Dallas they answered the phone and my questions.

you had to go to the actual office to register your vehicle in Dallas? When I purchased my 3 I remember having to mail something in but not having to physically visit the tax assessors office.

Has something change or was this a special circumstance?

Reactions: Watts 4 Me