Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the continued bumping of delivery dates typical for Tesla? Was initially told the car should arrive 7/31; delivery was scheduled for 8/2, then they called and bumped it to 8/4, then called and bumped to 8/6, now tentatively 8/8. The reason is "the truck has not arrived...car still in transit."

Not a huge hassle for me; but I'm starting to worry the car was damaged or something and they're delaying. Seems odd that they'd be so clueless about the date the truck will arrive.

Our delivery was delayed by a financing hang up with our Credit Union. But only from Friday to Monday.
As far as registration, we took delivery July 27 and got our documents today. Went down to the courthouse (NE Tarrant County) and got the plates and paid sales tax today. Long line but masks and distancing.

I'm way down here in deep south Texas - McAllen. The closest gallery is in San Antonio, which I where I test-drove an M3 awhile back. I haven't pulled the trigger on an MY yet, but getting close.

Does anybody know if I will have to travel to San Antonio to pick up my new MY?

I'm way down here in deep south Texas - McAllen. The closest gallery is in San Antonio, which I where I test-drove an M3 awhile back. I haven't pulled the trigger on an MY yet, but getting close.

Does anybody know if I will have to travel to San Antonio to pick up my new MY?
Most probably you have to go to nearest Service Center to pick up your car. As I been told by adviser, due to Texas law they technically do no sell cars here (but can service) so you could not pick it at gallery or at home...

P.S. Corpus Christi seems to have SC, so maybe you can pick it here....
Corpus Christi-South Padre Island Drive | Tesla

Hello. Just picked up my MY today, Red with 20" rims and tow package at the San Antonio Showroom. So far found 4 problems with a misaligned rear passenger door as the most glaring. I will go over it again tomorrow when the sun is up. A little concerned now reading through here because my VIN is 29XXX and others are at 33 and 34. It only had 6 miles on it when I got it. So far my entire family loves it, wife and 3 adult boys.

A little weird how I got it too. My wife and I were just picking up lunch and I told her let's go to the showroom to see what the MY looks like. Got there and asked if they have availability to test drive, since no one was responding to my request for an appointment online and the rep said yes, they have 3 available now instead of the 2 they were using. Test drove it and we liked it. Asked what the availability was and they said they have 1 red headed their way in two weeks. A week later (6 days actually) I have my MY. Should I be worried or just enjoy the new ride?

Got my MY a week ago in Plano! Been having so much fun I haven't been reading the forums. ;)

The add a little positivity to the overall conversation--the car was delivered on the day they stated (about 20 days after the VIN was assigned). It actually arrived 5 days prior to the delivery but I could not get it any earlier. I was told one door came in misaligned and they were proactively going to fix it. (Yay!)

Pickup went smoothly and the car was flawless except for a slight misalignment of a rear door. Not sure if this was the one they fixed or not. Got that resolved in a followup mobile visit a few days later. The tech told me that they are getting a lot of alignment issues in part because Tesla is rushing them out of the factory to get caught up on the orders.

So our experience was very positive. Tesla did communicate with us when something significant happened during the ordering process so I never felt completely abandoned. I had to reach out to them several times (delivery support and Plano delivery center) to resolve ordering issues and questions--these all got resolved immediately. And finally, the car itself: other than the door, no issues whatsoever and I checked it over pretty thoroughly in terms of alignment, paint finish, and trying every control.

Okay... there is one issue that I started to notice after the first few days:

I hate driving normal cars now. But sometimes I must.