Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone resides in Central Texas (circa Austin area), I recommend checking out Texell and University Federal CU. My wife and I both applied on Monday and were tentatively approved for 1.94% for 60-66 months for Texell and 1.95% for 60 months for UFCU. Both requested VIN # which I currently do not have one (placed order on 8/29 for LR non-performance, White Ext/Black Interior, 19", no FSD). I just went ahead w/ financing banking on the fact that expected delivery was 2-4 wks according to Tesla advisor.

Thanks for sharing. Might try them out if I ever get a delivery date.

Approaching week 5 from my order date. Getting really impatient here.

I don't think you'll get a delivery date until the finances have been pushed through. Tesla has to be fully paid before they can deliver the car into Texas. They give you the VIN and MVPA to help secure the loan, but they won't be able to give you a delivery date until they get fully paid. At least that was my experience.

I don't think you'll get a delivery date until the finances have been pushed through. Tesla has to be fully paid before they can deliver the car into Texas. They give you the VIN and MVPA to help secure the loan, but they won't be able to give you a delivery date until they get fully paid. At least that was my experience.

Yeah

I ordered on 8/19, MVPA appeared on my account the morning of 8/28 along with the option to pay by ACH transfer. Been dealing with the bank ever since and it's been a royal pain the ass but I think they are going to next-day air mail the check to Tesla today and then Tesla will move the car to Texas and let me pick it up around 9/15.

If you can't get a much better rate elsewhere, I would go with Alliant as the hassle of dealing with some of these Credit Unions is really annoying, especially if they aren't used to Tesla's...different...way of selling a vehicle. I chose AMOCO because their rate for me was 1.2 percent or so better than Alliant could give me on 52 months. 2.39% vs 3.5%, some places seem to have less than 2% for 60-66 months.

Not exactly. My delivery date was set once I paid my part and told the rest would be financed. Actually they received check (e.g. full payment) only yesterday, but I received call today car is ALREADY here and ready to pickup on Friday. So they do bring it in Texad before payment was made in full. But you could not get to it before full payment, true.

Not exactly. My delivery date was set once I paid my part and told the rest would be financed. Actually they received check (e.g. full payment) only yesterday, but I received call today car is ALREADY here and ready to pickup on Friday. So they do bring it in Texad before payment was made in full. But you could not get to it before full payment, true.
"Before they can deliver the car into Texas" means deliver the car to you.

Well after going through bank hell I switched my loan to Alliant and the process has been 1000X smoother. They have an entire online system that is designed around the Tesla buy process. Do not go with a bank that has no Tesla experience. You will regret it.

Also they offer 2.49% for a 72 month term if your credit score is 780+ despite what they tell you at first. I was told 3.49 but ended up at 2.49 after they did the full credit check so I don't know what is up with them telling you a higher number but whatever. Glad the car is paid for and now I can sell my other car to carmax and pick up my Tesla.

Finally got a vin 46XXX range! No delivery date yet.

Alliant Credit Union called me around 9am this morning telling me they received my MVPA. This was news to me, and I logged into my account and found it under documents. I discussed with them that I wanted to put more down on my down payment, and so I had to reach out to my sales advisor to get that updated. I tried reaching out to my Las Vegas one first, but she didn't pick up her phone - I called my Tesla Dallas advisor asking if he could update the MVPA, he said he would escalate it to her manager. 2 hours later I get a call from the Las Vegas advisor, confirming the adjusted self-payment amount on my MVPA. I'd like to mention, she made a sly comment about how she was notified about my MVPA through her manager via my Dallas contact.

Anyways, I've completed my loan with Alliant, signed off on Docusign loan docs. Guess I'm waiting for Tesla to pull the money from my account and Alliant to wire them the money.

I don't know what's the complete process of car assignment is with Tesla, but I truly believe I got the short end of the stick with my Las Vegas contact.

same, LV contact did not communicate timely. Things are a bit better now that I'm dealing with Austin team but still communication is not that great... I just saw on my account that delivery was moved from 9/12 to 9/6, and I had no communication from delivery team so far. I don't even know if that's a true appointment I should show up for, or a placeholder... I'm trying to reach the Austin team.

same, LV contact did not communicate timely. Things are a bit better now that I'm dealing with Austin team but still communication is not that great... I just saw on my account that delivery was moved from 9/12 to 9/6, and I had no communication from delivery team so far. I don't even know if that's a true appointment I should show up for, or a placeholder... I'm trying to reach the Austin team.
Exciting times. When you take delivery be advised I'm convinced the Tesla parking lot is the most dangerous one in Austin. Not only is it jam packed but you have all these new Tesla drivers getting used to "one pedal" operation. It's a mess - be careful.

• Funny
Reactions: adecker
Exciting times. When you take delivery be advised I'm convinced the Tesla parking lot is the most dangerous one in Austin. Not only is it jam packed but you have all these new Tesla drivers getting used to "one pedal" operation. It's a mess - be careful.

Thanks for the info! I have yet to have a delivery scheduled yet but it is always good to know a hazard ahead of time

don't forget to log into your Tesla account to accept delivery. Technically, you're supposed to do that before driving off, but in my excitement I got in my car, checked that their was no paperwork to sign, checked that the inspection report (for registration) was in the glovebox, and promptly drove off. I was wondering why I still had a notification saying I had to accept delivery, but assumed that the SC would check it off when they see me drive off. Then logged into my Tesla account when I got home just to check everything was settled and saw that I still had to access the delivery :)

Took delivery yesterday! No issues at all and pick up was seamless. Lovin’ my Y!

Attachments

• FF340B0C-8B3F-436C-96A2-5B40B4F857FD.jpeg
    FF340B0C-8B3F-436C-96A2-5B40B4F857FD.jpeg
    813 KB · Views: 75
  • F735542F-E339-48D3-95D0-9BAE6CBFDF38.jpeg
    F735542F-E339-48D3-95D0-9BAE6CBFDF38.jpeg
    479.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 58A97B1D-FF94-470D-83B9-C915ABC4988C.jpeg
    58A97B1D-FF94-470D-83B9-C915ABC4988C.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: JeremysY
Okay - just put in my order: MY LR AWD Blue

Anyone used USAA for their loan? I am a member, but never used them for an auto loan. I like the rates, but don't know how well they work with Tesla in Texas

Last edited: