Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla taped the temporary tag on the inside of the rear window. Do you all know if this is acceptable or should I try to get it on the license plate somehow? I’ve always seen the temporary tag on the license plate holder in the past...
They did the same to me. I think law allows it in the back window so there shouldn’t be a problem.
Tesla taped the temporary tag on the inside of the rear window. Do you all know if this is acceptable or should I try to get it on the license plate somehow? I’ve always seen the temporary tag on the license plate holder in the past...

I might just go ahead and more mines to the back. Here is what the law says:

(1) must display two license plates that are clearly visible, readable, and legible, one at the exterior front and one at the exterior rear of the vehicle that are securely fastened at the exterior front and rear of the vehicle in an upright horizontal position of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom, except that a vehicle described by Transportation Code, §621.2061 may place the rear plate so that it is clearly visible, readable, and legible; or

(2) must display one plate that is securely fastened at or as close as practical to the exterior rear of the vehicle in a position not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom if the vehicle is a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer.

Back window for me too. No big issue - I believe the governor put in a Covid-19 grace period and police, sheriff, DPS are not even looking at registration tags now...and you'll have permanent tags in 3 weeks or so.

Just got the call! Car is ready early! Hopefully it’s good, didn’t have time to make my checklist but whatever just gonna wing it. Really the only major show stopper is badly mismatched paint. Leaving the house via Uber in a matter of minutes.

Picked the car up this morning. I used the Model Y checklist on github and found a few small issues but the car was nearly perfect on the paint front and the two issues I did find can easily be buffed out. My truck has more paint issues when I picked it up so that made me really happy. The pain seems uniform and matches really well as far as I can tell. Service is scheduled to fix the following issues:

1) The rear seat cover is coming off of the driver side seat. This is covered under TSB SB-20-13-003.
2) There is a gash in the plastic on back of the driver seat
3) There is a blue mark that looks like a sharpie on the headliner on the driver side
4) The driver window does not close all the way when opening and closing the doors.
5) The front quarter panel has scuffs on it which look like they can be buffed out
6) There is a blue mark on the top of the car by the tailgate

I think all the gaps look fine, the tailgate and frunk may need to be slightly adjusted but the doors and everything line up well. I LOVE THIS CAR. Cant wipe the grin off my face when I drive it! Service center folks were very nice but unhelpful and just said to take pictures and document everything then schedule service so we will see how that goes.

The rear bumper does look off at some angles and perfect at others so I am thinking that is just the pearl playing with my eyes. Looking around my parking garage all of the white cars have rear bumpers that look off at different angles.

RR4uJr9.jpeg

1zsbmdm.jpeg

IrWazqL.jpeg

6IWKuSl.jpeg

Picked the car up this morning. I used the Model Y checklist on github and found a few small issues but the car was nearly perfect on the paint front and the two issues I did find can easily be buffed out. My truck has more paint issues when I picked it up so that made me really happy. The pain seems uniform and matches really well as far as I can tell. Service is scheduled to fix the following issues:

1) The rear seat cover is coming off of the driver side seat. This is covered under TSB SB-20-13-003.
2) There is a gash in the plastic on back of the driver seat
3) There is a blue mark that looks like a sharpie on the headliner on the driver side
4) The driver window does not close all the way when opening and closing the doors.
5) The front quarter panel has scuffs on it which look like they can be buffed out
6) There is a blue mark on the top of the car by the tailgate

I think all the gaps look fine, the tailgate and frunk may need to be slightly adjusted but the doors and everything line up well. I LOVE THIS CAR. Cant wipe the grin off my face when I drive it! Service center folks were very nice but unhelpful and just said to take pictures and document everything then schedule service so we will see how that goes.

The rear bumper does look off at some angles and perfect at others so I am thinking that is just the pearl playing with my eyes. Looking around my parking garage all of the white cars have rear bumpers that look off at different angles.

RR4uJr9.jpeg

1zsbmdm.jpeg

IrWazqL.jpeg

6IWKuSl.jpeg
Looks Great !!! Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: adecker
Dropped the car off at Gulf Coast Auto Shield. Service is absolutely amazing and they are going to buff out the random issues I found with the paint so I don't have to wait for Tesla to do it.

Services I purchased
  • XPEL Ultimate Full Car Wrap
  • XPEL Ceramic Coat
  • Tint Windshield 70%
  • Tint Front Windows 20%
  • Minor Paint Correction
  • Paint Tesla logo red
  • Remove dual motor badge
I wrapped the center concil on my own and he said it was well done but that they would try to get some of the bubbles out that were still there. I did get it aligned nearly perfect and was just going to prick the bubbles with a pin like I've done in the past but we will see what they can do.

Seriously though, if you are in the Houston area, give John a call. Nicest guy in the world and will tell you how it is. He actually talked me down on some things to save some money.

C54FF552-ED37-4F6A-80FF-304853619F10.jpeg
EB5E1976-4E93-471B-A0FA-84C906218BE9.jpeg
EB5E1976-4E93-471B-A0FA-84C906218BE9.jpeg
Just picked up our MYP white interior, no tow hitch. The interior is almost flawless. The exterior looks great. No noticeable gaps, no damage, and everything functions as it should. Only slight misalignment noticed is on the trunk and rear tail lights. It kind of seems like the trunk is latching, but just barely? No rattles from this and have service scheduled.

I did notice the drivers door is tough to close. I find myself trying to slam it to shut it. Tesla staff on site said that was normal. I’ll have it looked at anyways.

haven’t named it yet but drives beautifully. I was worried the performance would be a bit much but I have zero regrets and couldn’t be happier. This is my first EV so i’m getting adjusted to what all the energy indicators and measurements mean but range has been ok so far. I’m not expecting much as i’m still having a blast zipping off.

Attachments

• E2A869C3-4F67-4F46-A2E6-60D8FDFA9115.jpeg
    E2A869C3-4F67-4F46-A2E6-60D8FDFA9115.jpeg
    713.7 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: longhorn8847
Gulf Coast found some dirt under the clear coat but said that he could sand it out and it wouldn't be a problem. Tesla may have the most advanced paint booths but what ever does their prep work is the least advanced. Why is there dirt in a paint-booth to begin with? Thats like clean spaces 101. No dirt.