Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin, TX
MR RWD
Solid Black Exterior
Black Interior
18 inch aero wheels
No EAP

Previous owner
In line reservation early morning (~#140 in Austin)
Home delivery

Saturday, 11/17/2018 - Ordered and filled out insurance, license, etc.
Sunday, 12/3/2018 - Website switched to asking for financing info
Monday, 12/3/2018 - Got email from Inside Delivery Advisor
Tuesday, 12/4/2018 - Received MVPA w/ VIN. Delivery estimate of 12/14/2018 showed up online
Thursday, 12/6/2018 - Proof of payment received by Tesla. Waiting for (confirmation on) final delivery date

All communication via email since that's what I have in my preferences.

//TB

Dang I ordered on 11/19 and I still see no option to put in my financing info.

Just called the delivery center service number (888-771-2505) and waited for almost an hour. I ordered on 11/19 and did not have a VIN yet, but the person said they were fulfilling orders rapidly and should expect one soon. They said that once you have a VIN attached to your account, the car is in transit.

I also did not have the last checkmark completed for 'Financing / Payment' done because I didn't have the option to add who my credit union was. The person who helped me added the name of my credit union and added the loan amount I was pre-approved for so that I could get my final purchase order / contract. Now my next steps are below:

"Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Hope this brings some insight for people!

Just called the delivery center service number (888-771-2505) and waited for almost an hour. I ordered on 11/19 and did not have a VIN yet, but the person said they were fulfilling orders rapidly and should expect one soon. They said that once you have a VIN attached to your account, the car is in transit.

I also did not have the last checkmark completed for 'Financing / Payment' done because I didn't have the option to add who my credit union was. The person who helped me added the name of my credit union and added the loan amount I was pre-approved for so that I could get my final purchase order / contract. Now my next steps are below:

"Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Hope this brings some insight for people!

Thanks for the info Glockoma! I might just add that I have noticed that us Texans will most likely get VIN notification from our DA rather than on our account. It is because we need to pay for the car first before it can be in transit.

My VIN & Delivery (12/19) date was setup yesterday and contacted by my DA. I am in Dallas, TX and I ordered 10/18.

MR RWD
Midnight Silver Metallic
White & Black Interior
19" Sport Wheels
No EAP

I called yesterday trying to understand what was going on and started the process to switch over to an LR RWD. I guess that kick started things because within 4-5hrs my VIN was assigned. Sorry meant to post yesterday, but couldn't reset my password.

That makes sense now .. no point in checking online account unless a DA contact us and get the payment information into their system.

Question to guys who took the delivery already: Is that how it is?

Thanks for the info Glockoma! I might just add that I have noticed that us Texans will most likely get VIN notification from our DA rather than on our account. It is because we need to pay for the car first before it can be in transit.

UPDATE!

Looks like some people got a more accurate text tonight. Got mine about 45 minutes ago...

"Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to be ready between 12/16-12/22. A Tesla rep will reach out when it is time to schedule your appointment."

Excited!