Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an email from my delivery adviser just before one o'clock today. A bit of a mix up on her part but should take delivery between 12/21 and the original 12/26.
Anyone know what the 'Tesla specific' insurance ID card they ask for is?
That means the card has your new tesla model 3 with VIN on it. In texas, the car is usually covered even it is not listed on the card.

All done .. CU sent the payment .. DA changed the delivery date to 20th Dec, I see the new date in the online account too .. next thursday .. wohoo !

Nice! I am sending my check tomorrow. Waiting for LightStream to deposit funds in my account. Should clear tomorrow. My DA said he needs proof that funds have been sent and he can arrange shipment of the car. Hopefully I can move up my delivery from 28th to sooner

So a little update on my end... just called into the Tesla number (no wait time surprisingly)

The lady Melanie said that I do have a car assigned to my account and that it is in transit. No VIN assigned yet as she said this won't reflect in account while the car is in transit.

She estimated that my car would be ready around the 20th which is similar to my scheduled text delivery of the 21st. Keep in mind that this date was removed from my account a few days after the text. She only estimated because she said there are a few intricacies to deliver in Texas than there are in other states so she'll have my DA reach out to me to be sure!

We are movin!

Reactions: rraghu78
So a little update on my end... just called into the Tesla number (no wait time surprisingly)

The lady Melanie said that I do have a car assigned to my account and that it is in transit. No VIN assigned yet as she said this won't reflect in account while the car is in transit.

She estimated that my car would be ready around the 20th which is similar to my scheduled text delivery of the 21st. Keep in mind that this date was removed from my account a few days after the text. She only estimated because she said there are a few intricacies to deliver in Texas than there are in other states so she'll have my DA reach out to me to be sure!

We are movin!
Glad you called. I think if I call I will get similar answer. Although our texans supposed to pay first before the car get transited, it looks like Telsa is doing other way around now for EOY delivery.

From my research, you need a 50 A breaker that can fit into your Electrical Service Panel, usually the same brand. The wire should be #6 (rated for 55A) because #8 is only for rated for 40 A.

Excellent .. scheduled the job for next tuesday but just wanted to make sure he gets the right materials, and your post helps ! Thank you.

Worst case, I'll drive up to Plano super charger once a week or fortnight, and it should put enough juice as i go grab a cup of coffee :) My commute daily is less than 10 miles ..

Glad you called. I think if I call I will get similar answer. Although our texans supposed to pay first before the car get transited, it looks like Telsa is doing other way around now for EOY delivery.

I wast told the same when I called the 888 number. My car was supposedly already at SC in Dallas according to her tracking. I was certainly confused because I hadn't payed my loan balance yet.

later in the day, my DA emailed me and pushed back my Delivery appointment from 12/18 to 12/28. He mentioned that due to Texas laws, car must be paid in full prior to shipment. After payment has been cleared than he can coordinate shipping....

In my opinion I think the cars are already delivered to the Texas SC.... they just cannot LEGALLY tell you that the car is at SC.. which is why they send a generic Template to all TX buyers. I am certain once my payment clears, I'll most likely have my Delivery moved up because they want customers to accept delivery and make room for more cars.

I followed up with my DA about what the customer rep had mentioned when tracking my car via VIN. DA mentioned that the car is in delivery holding area in California awaiting for payment.

What do you guys think of this theory? Since we are all waiting at this point, might as well talk about their process :)

I wast told the same when I called the 888 number. My car was supposedly already at SC in Dallas according to her tracking. I was certainly confused because I hadn't payed my loan balance yet.

later in the day, my DA emailed me and pushed back my Delivery appointment from 12/18 to 12/28. He mentioned that due to Texas laws, car must be paid in full prior to shipment. After payment has been cleared than he can coordinate shipping....

In my opinion I think the cars are already delivered to the Texas SC.... they just cannot LEGALLY tell you that the car is at SC.. which is why they send a generic Template to all TX buyers. I am certain once my payment clears, I'll most likely have my Delivery moved up because they want customers to accept delivery and make room for more cars.

I followed up with my DA about what the customer rep had mentioned when tracking my car via VIN. DA mentioned that the car is in delivery holding area in California awaiting for payment.

What do you guys think of this theory? Since we are all waiting at this point, might as well talk about their process :)
I don't think they can afford to wait until payment is fully received if they want to meet the EOY deadlines. I think they send their cars out of the factory as fast as possible to the closest SC of the order and that is when they get the ball rolling.

Just got it!

They are doing tons of deliveries a day. They even have the solar city people delivering the cars. They take uber back. Don't panic. She told me that anyone who ordered today even (as long as they have inventory) will get their cars by year end. It came charges at 220 miles when it got to me. 48 miles on the odometer. It is updating via wifi right now.

IMG_2302.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity and rraghu78
Just got it!

They are doing tons of deliveries a day. They even have the solar city people delivering the cars. They take uber back. Don't panic. She told me that anyone who ordered today even (as long as they have inventory) will get their cars by year end. It came charges at 220 miles when it got to me. 48 miles on the odometer. It is updating via wifi right now.

View attachment 361000
Congrats!

Did your DA mention that your car is currently in a holding area in Burbank CA?
Yes, haha. It's pretty funny because depending on who you talk to, they will say the car is in transit to TX, in California waiting for payment, etc.

3 people I talked to today gave me 3 different delivery dates in the order below...

Called into the 888 Telsa Number - She estimated that my car would be ready on 12/20 but needed my DA to confirm
Gallery Advisor Emailed Me (person who reached out after I ordered) - He said I'm scheduled for 12/21
DA - Said I'm tentatively scheduled for 12/26

I think if my credit union is quick in getting all the necessary documents over to Tesla, then I will probably receive around 12/20 or 12/21. Just a guess. Either way, I'm happy as the process is moving along!