Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huntsville ???
Madisonville ???

Is there anyone in Harris county that would want to venture up the road a bit ???

I was thinking about sneaking up to Huntsville and taking a peak sometime this week. Tomorrow is no good, but I might be to spend a couple hours poking around Friday. Anyone have guesses on places to check out? I know Buc ee's in Madisonville was mentioned in the past, but all signs point to Huntsville right now.

I was thinking about sneaking up to Huntsville and taking a peak sometime this week. Tomorrow is no good, but I might be to spend a couple hours poking around Friday. Anyone have guesses on places to check out? I know Buc ee's in Madisonville was mentioned in the past, but all signs point to Huntsville right now.

If you think the divining rod pointeth towards Huntsville, I would troll the West Hill Mall and adjacent lots. There is a pizza hut and taco bell - even some stuff across 45 on 11th street. That would be the best bang for the money. You would cover 50+% of the more desirable locations in one fell swoop.

Good luck and thanks from all of us for the recon

I would love to make the event but coming from Fort Worth in a 60 concerns me if I will be able to charge and get back to DFW before picking kids up from school. There may be 30 cars + (who really knows) down there!!! Great photo op but the wait to charge would push me to possibly being late on return. Probably a good mix of Austin and DFW car owners. What us the protocol for that many cars?

I know this is kind of late (after the fact) but looking forward....at the San Marcos event, everyone was very easy-going about charging. If you let the event people know you have a time crunch, they'll let you charge first, or close to it. I told them I didn't have a rush, so to let others go ahead. Tesla owners seem to be pretty 'giving' for lack of a better word.

I think it's funny there were all the people saying that the charger couldn't be in Waco since the dot on the supercharger map was showing Hillsboro. Well, the Waco charger is open now, and its dot on the map still looks like Hillsboro. That's a lesson for people who try and figure out exact locations based on the dots on Tesla's map.

bucees.jpg

I think it's funny there were all the people saying that the charger couldn't be in Waco since the dot on the supercharger map was showing Hillsboro. Well, the Waco charger is open now, and its dot on the map still looks like Hillsboro. That's a lesson for people who try and figure out exact locations based on the dots on Tesla's map.

Yeah! People who try to project are stupid!!!! Let's laugh at them!!! :confused:

Here's hoping they still put one in Hillsborough--would be nice to top off before entering Dallas from Austin (and bypass Waco going up). Then use Wacko on the way home from Dallas (instead of Hillsborough).

Wishful thinking :wink:

Here's hoping they still put one in Hillsboro--would be nice to top off before entering Dallas. Then use Wacko on the way home.

They want them every 100 miles. So Dallas to Waco is 96 miles, Waco to Austin is 103 miles. No problem. But if you are driving on through to San Antonio, it's 131 miles. Still well within the range for a 60. I think overall that's fine. I'd rather them install them heading towards Texarkana than pepper I-35. Of course, we'll have to see if lines start to develop at the charging stations.

One thing I think they definitely need to do is make the Tesla App have push notifications for supercharging so that your phone alerts you when your car is full. Another thing would be for your dash to give a projected time to full. Would give people some idea when to move their car. I suspect people will be pretty good about it. At least us early adopters!

One thing I think they definitely need to do is make the Tesla App have push notifications for supercharging so that your phone alerts you when your car is full. Another thing would be for your dash to give a projected time to full. Would give people some idea when to move their car.

Fantastic ideas. Looking forward to my first supercharging experience a week from tomorrow!

One thing I think they definitely need to do is make the Tesla App have push notifications for supercharging so that your phone alerts you when your car is full. Another thing would be for your dash to give a projected time to full. !

Those seem fairly 'straightforward' to push out the a new software version. Surprised that the first is not already available for any kind of charge.

I scouted Huntsville for a bit around lunch time today. I did not see any activity that looked like it could be Tesla SuperChargers. There is definitely nothing happening at the West Hill Mall. And after touring around it, I don't think it is a great location. I did stop and talk to a construction crew that was working on a GoodWill at 11th and 45. They did not know of any other projects in the area that would fit the bill.

The best location I saw on my trip was a new Target shopping center (30.707794,-95.565616 - Google Maps). There was a Five Guys in the parking lot and an Olive Garden a few hundred feet from that. The Olive Garden is not even in the Google Satellite image, so it must be new.

I did not have enough time to continue onto Madisonville, but if anyone is going past there, stop in and take a peek at Buc-ee's there.

Looking good, thanks for the update for quantity of SC stations.
This engineering set-up is certainly unique, with new fence posts have been added around the new future platform.
I am a bit surprised there are no bollards around the future fence posts around the platform.

Wonder if the same crew that built San Marcos and Bellmead have returned here to finish up, or if a few of them have started work on Huntsville/Madisonville.
As of Tuesday 9-10-13, no work had started in Corsicana.

I was surprised at the small amount of parking. I am surprised that the motel was willing to give up 10+ parking spots. I hope the motel will not be disappointed in the amount of business the SC generates for them. It looks like the next door restaurant would be a better candidate for a SC site, more parking and better business prospects.

The Colorado River is behind the motel but that whole area is river bottom. Note that the motel is quite a bit above ground level.

I've heard that the next one to go up in TX will be in Corsicana...does anyone know any of the other locations that are said to be going up by 2015? I see a few more on the map here: http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Do they know for sure of are they just guesstimating the location? :)