Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But not kidding, they do need to add "Electric Vehicle Parking Only, Others will be Towed.

Most ICE people will just look at that sign and say, well I guess I got 1 hour to park here (they have no clue what Tesla is).

@ Texex91 - Look at it this way -

1) where are they? CSB
2) how long will they be there? Not long
3) can you get their attention? Absolutely.

"Whose green Vega is this out here that's about to be towed?"

Innovative solutions exist.

Not to discount signage - but you gave alternatives.

;)

I hear you--I was thinking it was a Pinto, but it might have been a Vega :biggrin:

The only thing I was thinking is it's right next to that hotel, and people use it as overflow parking at night, as it's the closest spots.

Hey either way, I'm good. Just happy they are there!

But not kidding, they do need to add "Electric Vehicle Parking Only, Others will be Towed.

Most ICE people will just look at that sign and say, well I guess I got 1 hour to park here (they have no clue what Tesla is).

If you do that, you'll get there to find Volts, Leafs and Priuii (Prisuseseses?) parked there because they too, if you ask the owners, are electric vehicles.

Like I said earlier in this thread, in The Woodlands - in the Market Street complex - the sign on one of the blink chargers reads: Handicapped / EV parking only with a blue outlined wheelchair placard. I feel this is the best deterring force. Even though (technically) potentially unenforceable, that blue wheelchair scares people from a fine standpoint and a equal rights violation standpoint. Every time I have driven by that slot, it has been open. Every time.

Like I said earlier in this thread, in The Woodlands - in the Market Street complex - the sign on one of the blink chargers reads: Handicapped / EV parking only with a blue outlined wheelchair placard. I feel this is the best deterring force. Even though (technically) potentially unenforceable, that blue wheelchair scares people from a fine standpoint and a equal rights violation standpoint. Every time I have driven by that slot, it has been open. Every time.
It's probably always available because only vehicles authorized to park in a handicapped space can use it. It's not legal to placard a parking space with the "International Symbol of Access" and amend it for other uses (like EV charging).

- - - Updated - - -

It's great to see Waco opening today! List updated.

For what it's worth, here's my best guess at the locations listed on the Supercharger graphic: Supercharger | Tesla Motors

LocationCompletion DateLocation
Waco (Bellmead)September 10, 2013Collin Street Bakery
Huntsville (formerly Madisonville)Summer 2013
Hillsboro (DELETED)

CorsicanaFall 2013Collin Street Bakery
San Marcos (OPEN)August 20, 2013San Marcos Premium Outlets
ColumbusFall 2013Comfort Inn
Amarillo2014
Orange2014
Childress2015
Wichita Falls2015
Fort Worth2015
El Paso2015
Van Horn2015Chuy's Restaurant
Odessa2015
Sweetwater2015
Fort Stockton2015
Sonora2015
I'm willing to be talked into other likely locations, but these seem the most reasonable based on this set of dots.

Actually, I've charged at that exact location when I went to Houston in my Volt last year. I had to ask the security guard if it was okay to charge there because the way the sign appears would suggest that you need to be BOTH handicapped AND charging an EV in order to use it. He said it was supposed to be either/or.

Just got home from the Waco ribbon cutting. Was there at 9 and there were already about 4-5 teslas. I was charging at about 250mi/hr. The final tally, which came from purplwalt was 21 which was more than the San Marcos location supposedly. Impressive! I was the only red one and let a lady test drive one and she and her husband were blown away. Great time, Collin street bakery is extremely welcoming and friendly. Their chicken salad is awesome and of course their baked goods.

Nice meeting you today Purplewalt, Zestychicken and several other owners. Hope to go to the next one. Will get the pictures up soon.

Just got home from the Waco ribbon cutting. Was there at 9 and there were already about 4-5 teslas. I was charging at about 250mi/hr. The final tally, which came from purplwalt was 21 which was more than the San Marcos location supposedly. Impressive! I was the only red one and let a lady test drive one and she and her husband were blown away. Great time, Collin street bakery is extremely welcoming and friendly. Their chicken salad is awesome and of course their baked goods.

Nice meeting you today Purplewalt, Zestychicken and several other owners. Hope to go to the next one. Will get the pictures up soon.

Awesome--can't wait for pics!!

Good meeting you as well. Was a fun time. I took just a few pictures:

Here's my Tesla being SUPERCHARGED!!!
First time for that...still haven't popped the range charge cherry (haven't had to).
IMG_0877.PNG

Here is one of the Tesla reps speaking. Very nice guy. I spoke to him for a while. Very impressive, well-spoken young man and represented the company well. Said they should have SC stations between Dallas and Houston and Houston and San Antonio (1 of 2 planned) by end of October. Should complete the triangle of major Texas cities (screw you El Paso :wink:).
IMG_0878.JPG

Here is the local Texas Rep who came, Charles "Doc" Anderson. Also a very nice guy. He spoke to me at length. Very proud of the $1.2 billion I-35 project going through the area. They are expanding I-35 to 3 lanes each way all the way from Dallas to San Antonio (they have been doing this since I was a kid and is much needed). He is a big Tesla fan. He got a test ride in a P85+. Said there was plenty of room for his hat. Classic. :biggrin:
IMG_0879.JPG

My car is third from the last on the right with Cheetah's red one just in front of mine (I believe).

Last edited:
Great pics ZestyChicken, that Doc guy was a hoot! It's great Tesla is getting support from the CEO of TXU energy (he was there too) as well, that's huge. Here are further pics if anybody is interested;

Waco ribbon cutting event pics;

Waco, TX Tesla Supercharger Ribbon cutting event

I also have a video of the speech from the Tesla Rep Daniel per picture above, i'll probably have to youtube that up.

Awesome pics--thanks for taking and sharing!

If the CEO of TXU was actually there--that is big. I wish he would tell the other Utility CEO's (PEC are you listening) how great this is, etc...Hope for those TXU customers, that means more 'rebate' programs and other incentives for EV owners.

Not to be overlooked: Bob McNutt, the President of CSB, was there (along with several other CSB personnel), he also spoke before the ribbon cutting, and was the other gentleman cutting the ribbon with Representative "Doc" Anderson.
Very nice man, Tesla is also partnering with CSB @ Corsicana (more on that later).

The Billboard which faces the highway is 4 or 5 stories tall, and the lighted marquee mostly advertise CSB products.
They also had an Image of a Model S,
" TESLA
Tesla Supercharger
Now Open near
Collin Street Bakery"
P1013064.JPG

"THE
BEST
THING I
EVER ATE"
P1013063.JPG

See ChettahExpress' pics TOO!!!

BIG PROPS to ZestyChicken!
Oh my gosh:
He designed and printed TWO new (killer) placard/posters.
AND printed a bunch (100s!) of two-sided business type cards.
(Jerry -- get READY!!!, 'cause you have some presents on the way)

So, after the big festivities, I let a nice couple test drive my car.
They will be purchasing either a Model S or Model X.
And I spoke at length with ANOTHER couple, she wanted ChettahExpress' red MS.
Or at least a multi-red one just like it.

Lastly, on my way back (with a full charge!), I swung by/thru Corsicana CSB to "check" status of SC Construction @ that location.
The good news: they ALSO have a huge mega-sign facing I-45 (which I already knew from speaking with CSB's real estate guy).
The bad news: there are NO signs of any current concrete/pavement demolition or construction work, so the wait begins again.

Soon baby, soon!

Last edited:
Okay, so looking forward

San Marcos - Done
Waco (Bellmead) - Done
Columbus - on hold (supplies, parts, contractors, ???)

Next:
Corsicana - nothing done yet (as per purplewalt)
Huntsville ???
Madisonville ???

Is there anyone in Harris county that would want to venture up the road a bit ???

Wondering where the Waco crew went since they were (essentially) finished by noon on last Friday ...

Wondering where the Waco crew went since they were (essentially) finished by noon on last Friday ...

They might be headed home. Didn't someone say they lived in Florida? They might get a week at home or at least a long weekend before heading out again.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics ZestyChicken, that Doc guy was a hoot! It's great Tesla is getting support from the CEO of TXU energy (he was there too) as well, that's huge. Here are further pics if anybody is interested;

Waco ribbon cutting event pics;

Waco, TX Tesla Supercharger Ribbon cutting event

I also have a video of the speech from the Tesla Rep Daniel per picture above, i'll probably have to youtube that up.

Those are great photos!

Who was the guy with the flying camera? I wonder if he got some cool shots? He had this little mini helicopter with a digital video camera on it. Neat toy and this was actually a good application for it's use.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics! I hope someone told that Rep what idiots Temple turned out to be, and oh the dealer laws in Texas s*ck.

I talked to him about it. He pretty much confirmed the car lobby kept Tesla out of Temple and they tried to pressure him to keep them out of Waco. Apparently there are a ton of moving parts to getting these stations put in. Zoning, utilities board, local utility, etc.

The TXU CEO apparently owns a Tesla so he was an ardent supporter BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

BIG PROPS to ZestyChicken!

...and to you as well! Picking up for Jerry's slack. Work...pfftt... (-;

No idea but must hunt that guy done somehow for footage..

I really liked the posters, it seemed to draw a lot of people to them which is fantastic and really raised the interest level even further. I was thinking on the way home it would be great if people can take home all of the sensory/information overload they must be experiencing in a convenient, easy to follow and thorough brochure and then put them in the frunk for people to take from. I don't know if it has been mentioned or done before but we could do a group collaboration and pool in if it appeals to anybody.

Also, KWTX news station was there to report the ribbon cutting, here is what was on the news tonight in Waco. Waco: Tesla Opens Local Charging Station

My MS is a celebrity in the blurp, for about 3 seconds ;). Nice of them to come out and be part of history.

I talked to him about it. He pretty much confirmed the car lobby kept Tesla out of Temple and they tried to pressure him to keep them out of Waco. Apparently there are a ton of moving parts to getting these stations put in. Zoning, utilities board, local utility, etc.

The TXU CEO apparently owns a Tesla so he was an ardent supporter BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep good to hear confirmation of that--I knew it was TADA pressure. Glad 'Doc' didn't cave to the pressure, and went through with makng it happen. Think I'll donate to is next campaign, and speak with my $$.

That's awesome that the TXU CEO has Tesla--now his lobbyist need to help with the Texas laws :biggrin: