Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Post 41 has been updated with the recent updates in this thread.

For what it's worth, here's my best guess at the locations listed on the Supercharger graphic: Supercharger | Tesla Motors

LocationCompletion DateLocation
Waco (formerly Temple)September 2013 (formerly June 2013 (Late))
Huntsville (formerly Madisonville)Summer 2013
Hillsboro (DELETED)

CorsicanaFall 2013Collin Street Bakery
San Marcos (OPEN)August 20, 2013San Marcos Premium Outlets
ColumbusFall 2013Comfort Inn
Amarillo2014
Orange2014
Childress2015
Wichita Falls2015
Fort Worth2015
El Paso2015
Van Horn2015Chuy's Restaurant
Odessa2015
Sweetwater2015
Fort Stockton2015
Sonora2015
I'm willing to be talked into other likely locations, but these seem the most reasonable based on this set of dots.

Last edited:
Here are some random pix from the event in San Marcos. Somebody said they counted about 28 Model S's there.
View attachment 28709
2013-08-20 09.56.23.jpg
2013-08-20 10.21.53.jpg
View attachment 28712
2013-08-20 09.56.50.jpg

charge screen.jpg

John

Attachments

• 2013-08-20 10.12.26.jpg
    2013-08-20 10.12.26.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. That looked like a good turnout. Imagine what they would have gotten on a Saturday.

I thought for sure they would have taken down the ugly wood "crate" looking enclosure around the chargers. Or at least painted them red and white...

I think that "crate" is screening a large transformer. I was there on Sunday and am stating this based on my memory.

Congrats to everyone in Texas!! You were the seventh state to have a TSCS become operational. Fantastic!

Slowly but surely the country will become connected with TSCS's. Seeing this network roll out in real time is quite monumental! Thanks for the pictures!! Nice to see so many fellow Tesla MS owners present to mark the occasion!

There is now, one more reason to buy a Tesla Model S :biggrin: !!

I will echo Tyl and say Congrats on the new SuperCharger! Hope you guys enjoy these.

I am hoping by the time I get my Gen3 car, the SuperCharger network will be largely rolled out. If that's the case, I think some epic roadtripping is in order, including Texas.

:)

Temple SC location is cancelled. City declined the permit.

The plot thickens, back to the drawing board/map.
"Whatever there be of progress in life comes not through adaptation but through daring."
--Henry Miller

Since they (Temple City Permit Officials) had probably not seen a Supercharger station installation (or understood what it would be used for), they possibly got cold feet and decided to stand pat with what they knew.
Their Loss.

Belton is just up the road, as are (many) other towns on I-35.
The first NO is the road to the next YES.

As ZestyChicken noted, on the website the red dot ( when the slide is moved to summer) no longer shows a SC station between Dallas and Austin. But I also read a news paper article that the station in Waco is supposed to open in two weeks (maybe the city cancelled the permit?) . Any ideas on what is going on with a station between Dallas and Austin ?

. But I also read a news paper article that the station in Waco is supposed to open in two weeks ?

See ... this is where I'm befuddled. The "two week" timeline would be excellent for my upcoming trip, but when speaking to "authorized" sources, I'm getting nothing supporting that. In fact, I'm getting quasi-contradictory stuff about it - like, detailed directions to the parking garage at the Domain, etc.

I guess I'll just stick to my current stop early, charge once plan.

But there is always hope.

I will be scoping out Waco again tomorrow night - there should definitely be ground broken by now if the rumor is true.

Regarding Temple, this does not surprise me at all. The powers that be in this town are exceedingly resistant to change/innovation. Very much run by an old boys' club.