Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Denton Supercharger. Work started this morning, supposed to be open by Nov. 1.

IMAG0113.jpg
IMAG0112.jpg

There are 17 new Superchargers planned for Texas, according to the 2016 Supercharger map, but it looks like there is still a big hole on IH-10. There appear to be Superchargers in Fort Stockton, Pecos, and El Paso, but it's nominally about 240 miles from Fort Stockton to El Paso on IH-10, according to Google Maps. On IH-20 it's about 220 miles from Pecos to El Paso.

Maybe they will surprise us and put a Supercharger in Van Horn next year too.

2016-Texas.jpg

For those of us with 60's, Superchargers in Baytown and Kerrville would also make it possible to cross Texas on IH-10 using only Superchargers.

For what it's worth, here's my best guess at the 17 upcoming locations listed on this Supercharger graphic: 2016 Superchargers | Tesla Motors

1. Tyler
  2. Fort Worth
  3. Cisco
  4. Sweetwater
  5. Odessa
  6. Pecos
  7. El Paso
  8. Sulphur Springs
  9. Rosenberg
  10. Victoria
  11. Calallen, Corpus Cristi
  12. Raymondville
  13. San Antonio
  14. Sonora
  15. Sheffield
  16. Fort Stockton
  17. Three Rivers

Here is a page with them grouped by corridor with mileage between and notations of "missing" Superchargers.

John

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
<out of lurk mode>

This would be nice (e.g. Lindale ... then a few others to Jackson). Easy traipse thru Hattiesburg to Mobile and then on to the beaches. That is my traditional route anyway.

As of now, it is down to Hunstville and then I-10. I would prefer I-20, as it will take time off the trip. But at least there is a corridor that exists TODAY.

Gonna have to go over to the wiki and have a look.

<back in lurk>

<out of lurk mode>

This would be nice (e.g. Lindale ... then a few others to Jackson). Easy traipse thru Hattiesburg to Mobile and then on to the beaches. That is my traditional route anyway.

As of now, it is down to Hunstville and then I-10. I would prefer I-20, as it will take time off the trip. But at least there is a corridor that exists TODAY.

Gonna have to go over to the wiki and have a look.

<back in lurk>

Slidell is under construction now. Anticipated completion February. Just FYI.

Cisco makes it a bit of a nail-biter for westbound thru traffic from Lindale... into the wind... in the winter... or even the summer running at normal traffic speeds (i.e fast). Maybe they'll put it closer in towards dfw.
I guess that's true with a 60 or 70. With my 85 I've gone from DFW to Lindale and back and had plenty left over (60 miles IIRC).

Lindale to Cisco is 228 miles. Doable in 85 under any weather. Difficult in 70. Not doable under any circumstances in 60.

I beg to differ. As I just mentioned, EVTripplanner (which is fairly accurate) has it as 274 Rated Miles in 40 degree weather going with the flow of traffic (I had initially just used Lindale as a city, instead of the proposed SC at Collin Street Bakery). Take it down to 32 degrees and 400lbs of cargo (not unreasonable for a long distance trip), and you're looking at 284 rated miles one way. Which is not doable in an 85. Mine has 20k miles and my 100% charge is right at 262. So I'm a full 40 miles short accounting for my buffer.

*The key is, it's a net elevation change of 1109 feet going from Lindale to Cisco.