Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Message Dictation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced when using dictation when sending text messages that at times it doesn't hear the sentence or doesn't start dictating until you are halfway or at the end of the message?

Coming from CarPlay and it was normally consistent.

its definitely dependent on quality of your internet connection. If you have strong cell signal (and are on cell/not on home wifi) it should be fairly efficient/quick. Takes a second or 2 for the beep to go off letting you know its lisenting after you press the mic button on the yoke, but after that, works smoothly for me

its definitely dependent on quality of your internet connection. If you have strong cell signal (and are on cell/not on home wifi) it should be fairly efficient/quick. Takes a second or 2 for the beep to go off letting you know its lisenting after you press the mic button on the yoke, but after that, works smoothly for me
It is off and on, I do wait for the beep, sometimes it is spot on and then times there is huge hesitation or inaccuracy. I will take an extra second before speaking and see what happens. How do I see the cell connection status while driving?

usually the stored key words like next track, turn off radio ..etc are processed locally, but once you add natural speak phrase like Call <Name> that usually has to hit the internet AFAIK. I could be wrong but give it a try.