Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Textile-based rear wheel wells on '22 MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a '22 MY and discovered that the rear wheel well covers aren't plastic like other models, but a pliable textile. Is that new for this year? If not, is anyone aware of an aftermarket plastic replacement? I'm based in Vermont, and a textile-based wheel well cover is an EPIC design fail - an open invitation for snow and ice to adhere and accumulate, and a HUGE pain to clean out in our winters. Are new Canadian Model Ys also shipped with this design fail?

Another related interior design fail: the new rear door sills are no longer plastic, they're entirely carpet. Like the wheel wells, that's a huge design fail for anyone dealing with winter weather. Muddy, wet shoes - especially with kids - are going to ravage that carpet. Pretty shocked Tesla's made those design choices at this stage... I picked up some covers for that carpeting from RPM Tesla, and the fitment is pretty solid over the carpeting, but did require some additional velcro to install.

Just got a '22 MY and discovered that the rear wheel well covers aren't plastic like other models, but a pliable textile. Is that new for this year? If not, is anyone aware of an aftermarket plastic replacement? I'm based in Vermont, and a textile-based wheel well cover is an EPIC design fail - an open invitation for snow and ice to adhere and accumulate, and a HUGE pain to clean out in our winters. Are new Canadian Model Ys also shipped with this design fail?

Another related interior design fail: the new rear door sills are no longer plastic, they're entirely carpet. Like the wheel wells, that's a huge design fail for anyone dealing with winter weather. Muddy, wet shoes - especially with kids - are going to ravage that carpet. Pretty shocked Tesla's made those design choices at this stage... I picked up some covers for that carpeting from RPM Tesla, and the fitment is pretty solid over the carpeting, but did require some additional velcro to install.
Got a pic of the rear door sills? I don't think I've seen any reports of it not having the plastic.

Upvote 0