Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tezlab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Tezlab
It’s free but is it any good?
Only 7 days of data capture is free. You have to pay to store all data. It's nicely presented, and gives great visuals. Wish Teslafi looked like it :(

It offers the extras such as open door, etc buttons but Tesla app already has that. No scheduling which is what's needed like Teslafi.

Teslamate is similar in Visuals and is free if you set it up as @DaveW guide :). This is what I'm using now more than Teslafi. And to get the added shortcut buttons and scheduling I use Tasker on Android

Yeah, but I’d like to be able to delete the transactional api response data (location, speed, etc) it’s collected in the meantime.
Ahh, not sure how then :( - You can email Ben Sullins who is part owner and hopefully he may be able to help or add that option

It does mention this on their website:

CAN I STOP ALL DATA POLLING?
Yep! To stop polling, tap the gear in the app and then tap logout. Ensure you log back in before your next trip to resume data capture.

@wschenk i believe is a member of the Tezlabs Team? and could hopefully help regards cancelling the data being captured?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Is using any of those apps affect the tesla warranty? Found this on tesla's website.

Note: Aftermarket equipment connected to the 12V system and/or third party mobile applications which collect data about your vehicle can decrease range while parked and reduce the battery lifespan. Tesla does not recommend using aftermarket equipment, and any damage to your vehicle's hardware or software resulting from unauthorized access to vehicle data through non-Tesla parts or accessories is not covered by warranty.

Is using any of those apps affect the tesla warranty? Found this on tesla's website.

Note: Aftermarket equipment connected to the 12V system and/or third party mobile applications which collect data about your vehicle can decrease range while parked and reduce the battery lifespan. Tesla does not recommend using aftermarket equipment, and any damage to your vehicle's hardware or software resulting from unauthorized access to vehicle data through non-Tesla parts or accessories is not covered by warranty.
Very possibly. I believe all the data capture apps poll the car, and could therefore do what the warranty statement suggests. TeslaMate is completely passive though, it never wakes the car as it uses the streamed data.

Also the case with third-party accessories like the power trunk/frunk, and even USB hubs and third-party wireless phone chargers.