Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank YOU, Jerome and Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken my car to some shows and events, printed out and distributed literature at my own expense, went and spoke at TESLIVE and generally am very positive about the car with anyone who asks (and LOTS of people come up to me and ask). I use my car in my role as a VP at the electric utility where I work in the promotion of EVs.

I will, however, be honest about both the positive and negative concerns I have here on this forum with fellow users. Back in the '90s on a Usenet forum, I was accused of being a "Chrysler shill" for posting my very legitimate positive experiences with my cars amongst some who I think were just there to crap all over the brand. I think if all I ever do is talk about the good stuff and sweep the not-so-good stuff under the rug, I won't have much legitimacy. I do try to be respectful and courteous in my posts, but I am not the judge of that.

I probably won't get such a letter... :smile:

Yep I got one too. That's the letter I was talking to you about Tex! I can only assume they are able to find us through our signatures or this is related to positive posts we made over at the Tesla official forums. I emailed him back. It's nice to have friends in high places. ;)

TeslaLetter2.jpeg

Last edited:
Doubt it's just related to positive comments about the fire or forum comments or events ... since I did a few interviews on the fire, have done interviews at Tesla's request, am obviously on the forum, and have spent countless hours not only at events but also organizing events.

No letter for me.

-sob-

I got that letter from Jerome a week ago. I assumed it was because I provided some feedback on a survey after I had home service visit. They said that they were planning in implementing my suggestion. It was a very cool gesture. My spouse was quite impressed!

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie, your letter is long overdue! Did you look under the carpet?

It may just come down to them being able to find you in their database so they can get your mailing address. I have all my order details in my signature. Pretty easy to find the guy with the Grey P85 being delivered next Thursday. Possibly could be related to making posts at the "official" Tesla forum where they have your reservation number associated with your screen name. I'm sure it's probably something simple like that. There are certainly plenty of deserving folks here that's for sure.

I just compared the signature on the posted image above with the one on my letter. It's legit. The signature is slightly different and the comma is a bit shorter too. I'll have to keep it in my car to make my Sig more legit since I didn't win the Elon sunvisor lottery a year ago.

Doubt it's just related to positive comments about the fire or forum comments or events ... since I did a few interviews on the fire, have done interviews at Tesla's request, am obviously on the forum, and have spent countless hours not only at events but also organizing events.

No letter for me.

-sob-
They've been trying to get people to respond to questionnaires re: service... maybe this has nothing to do with this (or other) forums and instead is about people who have taken time to fill out the service questionnaire?

- - - Updated - - -

I got that letter from Jerome a week ago. I assumed it was because I provided some feedback on a survey after I had home service visit. They said that they were planning in implementing my suggestion. It was a very cool gesture. My spouse was quite impressed!

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie, your letter is long overdue! Did you look under the carpet?
This ^^. I think that's the correlation.

And I, on the other hand, didn't take the time. So no letter for me! (all good)

They've been trying to get people to respond to questionnaires re: service... maybe this has nothing to do with this (or other) forums and instead is about people who have taken time to fill out the service questionnaire?

- - - Updated - - -

This ^^. I think that's the correlation.

And I, on the other hand, didn't take the time. So no letter for me! (all good)

I don't even have my car yet, so I don't think it's related to a service questionnaire. As far as I know, I've never filled out anything from Tesla. I'll admit, I was wondering exactly why they sent it to me. I figured it had to be related to my online activities either here or at the official Tesla Forum. That's really the only "advocacy" I've done for Tesla.

I also got this letter the other day. I did not fill out any surveys. I assumed it was because I sent them a suggestion on engineering a fast level 3 charger with both CHAdeMO and Tesla connectors on the same handle. (New Jersey won't allow superchargers on its roads unless they are generic for all EVs.). Who knows though. Maybe they enjoyed my support of the 21" tire wear of these forums.

What?!? It's a piece of electrical equipment that is typically sited on private property. I can see the state taking that stance if the're providing the funding, but how can they get away with not allowing them period?

No no - they just won't allow it at the state owned rest stops on NJT / GSP. Must be generic there. If it's private property then Tesla can do whatever they want.