Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 12v battery disconnect vs. performing Wheel Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try what @Muzzman1 suggests. While there ask them to push update. If it doesn't work then the only logical conclusion is they botched the MCU upgrade.

Is it your personal experience that as soon as the car connects to the service center WiFi network the update would start to download automatically?

FYI, my service center does do any work if there is no ticket or appointment, so asking them for an ad-hoc update push is a no go.

Is it your personal experience that as soon as the car connects to the service center WiFi network the update would start to download automatically?

FYI, my service center does do any work if there is no ticket or appointment, so asking them for an ad-hoc update push is a no go.
No, not my personal experience. Just regurgitating what I've read here. I think, as you say, it would only happen with a service ticket. Go there, go inside to start a service ticket in their presence. Maybe they'll do it then. More likely it wouldn't happen that day, you'd have to come back. Maybe this is a bad idea, I'm thinking out loud here trying to pin point (or eliminate) a point of failure.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
No, not my personal experience. Just regurgitating what I've read here. I think, as you say, it would only happen with a service ticket. Go there, go inside to start a service ticket in their presence. Maybe they'll do it then. More likely it wouldn't happen that day, you'd have to come back. Maybe this is a bad idea, I'm thinking out loud here trying to pin point (or eliminate) a point of failure.

As I wrote above, there was a ticket which they canceled since I refused to approve the unwarranted charges. I'm also curious as to why they did not convert that ticket to a mobile service even though I repeatedly requested it in that ticket (the ticket was created by Tesla nationwide support on my behalf for a service center visit).

Reactions: zoomer0056
Were you getting software updates before?

Anything changed with your car prior to having this issue?
I bought a car on the secondary market. Nothing changed in the car. The last owner said that he updated it in May, after that the car was parked in the parking lot for several months without Internet.

My car is M3 EU 2021. FW 2022.16

P.S. My friend has the same car (same year) and the same problem. Also stopped updating after a long stay without the Internet, before that updates came.

• Informative
Update:

After opening three service requests and lots of tedious back-and-forth, I’m happy to report the issue has finally been resolved without the car dropped at the service center and to get stuck there for days or weeks. It was a quick fix after they finally paid attention to the issue and what the customer was complaining about.

The Tesla Virtual Diagnostic team cleared the stuck software update that “Service_Mode\Software_Reinstall” was complaining about, pushed the new firmware 2022.36.6 and the new Navigation Data NA-2022.28-14046.

All could have been resolved quickly on day one without unneeded frustration and wasting time for both sides if it wasn’t for the poor Tesla Support’s ticket handling and unbelievable bad communication skill.

On Edit:
Thanks for all the feedback

Last edited:
Update:

After opening three service requests and lots of tedious back-and-forth, I’m happy to report the issue has finally been resolved. It was a quick fix after they finally paid attention to the issue and what the customer was complaining about.

The Tesla Virtual Diagnostic team cleared the stuck software update that “Service_Mode\Software_Reinstall” was complaining about, pushed the new firmware 2022.36.6 and the new Navigation Data NA-2022.28-14046.

All could have been resolved quickly on day one without unneeded frustration and wasting time for both sides if it wasn’t for the poor Tesla Support’s ticket handling and unbelievable bad communication skill.
So, did it require another service request? Did they do this without you going to the service center? What were your words to them that got them to finally fix it? Congrats!

Update:

After opening three service requests and lots of tedious back-and-forth, I’m happy to report the issue has finally been resolved without the car dropped at the service center and to get stuck there for days or weeks. It was a quick fix after they finally paid attention to the issue and what the customer was complaining about.

On Edit:
Thanks for all the feedback
Hello.
Please write what exactly did you write in support and in which city?
The support doesn't want to do anything at all and tells me to come to the service center.

So, did it require another service request? Did they do this without you going to the service center? What were your words to them that got them to finally fix it? Congrats!

In total, there were three separate service requests:

Service request#1 (via app\request_service\Other) - An actual ticket was created with a service center appointment set. After weeks of them saying they were reviewing the issue all I was told before the first service appointment was to approve a $100+tax diagnostic fee. I refused to approve it, no further communication from them. The ticket was canceled without any notice.

Service request#2 (via app\request_service\Other) - No actual ticket was created. No communication from them at all.

Service request#3 (via app\request_service\Other) - Initially no communication but then a ticket was created with a service center appointment set for next week. They (the Tesla nationwide support) confirmed the appointment, sent a separate email to me notifying me that “after review, we have determined your vehicle will need to come into service for review. We have scheduled a service appointment at Tesla service”. I also received a service quality survey right after, which I’ve not looked at yet. This morning I had an app “Software update” notification” along with an app message in the third ticket from the Tesla Tesla Virtual Diagnostic team telling me they have cleared the stuck software and that the latest update has been pushed. They wanted me to confirm it, which I did. I asked about the navigation data. They said that was not part of my request !!! even though I had clearly and repeatedly mentioned it as well in all of my three service requests. The newest navigation data was then pushed successfully.

Last edited:
In total, there were three separate service requests:

Service request#1 (via app\request_service\Other) - An actual ticket was created with a service center appointment set. After weeks of them saying they were reviewing the issue all I was told before the first service appointment was to approve a $100+tax diagnostic fee. I refused to approve it, no further communication from them. The ticket was canceled without any notice.

Service request#2 (via app\request_service\Other) - No actual ticket was created. No communication from them at all.

Service request#3 (via app\request_service\Other) - Initially no communication but then a ticket was created with a service center appointment set for next week. They (the Tesla nationwide support) confirmed the appointment, sent a separate email to me notifying me that “after review, we have determined your vehicle will need to come into service for review. We have scheduled a service appointment at Tesla service”. I also received a service quality survey right after, which I’ve not looked at yet. This morning I had an app “Software update” notification” along with an app message in the third ticket from the Tesla Tesla Virtual Diagnostic team telling me they have cleared the stuck software and that the latest update has been pushed. They wanted me to confirm it, which I did. I asked about the navigation data. They said that was not part of my request !!! even though I had clearly mentioned it repeatedly as well in all three service requests. The newest navigation data was then pushed successfully.
All‘s well that ends well!

Yes, it’s a shame you were led down the frustration path - but don’t forget, there are lots of good people at Tesla, and they’re probably as inconvenienced as we are with the systems in place

Enjoy the update

Hello.
Please write what exactly did you write in support and in which city?
The support doesn't want to do anything at all and tells me to come to the service center.

Not sure how it will be handled in your region, but at least in the U.S. this is how my requests were handled:

Using the app, request service under "other" category, very briefly (too much information will confuse them) describe your issue. Make sure you write a complete sentence with a question mark at the end. It will not go to a service center's attention, rather it will be processed by a national/regional team. If you are lucky they may contact you via a phone call or email (they actually called me after I initiated the first service request). If they can not resolve it remotely, they will create an actual ticket with your nearest service center which you would see in your app.

Hope this helped.

Last edited: